Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the equipment is safe and in good working order. Perform Annual, Semi-annual, Safety Standard Certificate, Schedule 4 Inspection and issue certificate/s according to “National Safety Code 11 Part B” and Ontario “Highway Traffic Act” Regulation 611..
- Perform diagnosis and repairs to a variety of all company and/or customer’s vehicle/s, passenger cars, vans, buses, highway coaches, trucks and trailers.
- Perform preventative maintenance services to all company and/or customer’s vehicle/s, passenger cars, vans, buses, highway coaches, trucks and trailers.
- Inspecting, diagnosing and repairing: engine, transmission, fuel system, exhaust after-treatment, cooling system, electrical systems, steering; landing gear assemblies and trailer frames; hitching/coupling systems; trailer bodies; suspensions systems; tires, wheels, hubs and axles; air and auxiliary systems; braking systems; heating and refrigeration systems as well as ventilation devices and hydraulic systems.
- Using hand tools and various specialized diagnostic equipment to diagnose, isolate and repair faults.
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
- Performing scheduled maintenance service.
- Advising supervisor on work performed general vehicle/s condition and future work required.
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, customers and service managers.
- Reading and interpreting owner/operator/manufacturer operating manuals and service specifications.
- Keeping up-to-date on technology and upgrading skills as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements and Qualifications
Truck and Coach Technician (Valid 310T License required)
Full time position shift work includes evenings and weekends
Minimum class G Driver License, higher classes and Air Brake Endorsement are preferred
Experience on Detroit Diesel, Volvo Engine and Allison Transmission
Ozone Depletion Certification HRAI is a definite plus
Drive Clean Heavy Duty Diesel Emission Test Inspector is a definite plus
Experience with coach maintenance
Experience with procedures for the repair and maintenance of a wide range of truck and truck equipment
Experience in the use of power and hand tools related to motor vehicle service and repair
Experience with preventative and predictive maintenance schedules and programs
Experience with equipment inspection procedures
Experience with workplace safety requirements and procedures
Ability to repair and maintain a wide range of trucks and truck equipment
Experience with using computer technology to diagnose and troubleshoot equipment problems.
Ability to operate required tools in a safe and responsible manner
Effective verbal and listening communications skills
Ability to read, write, and follow instructions
Ability to safely handle and use cleaning chemicals, fuels, and equipment
Ability to maintain accurate records
Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize tasks
Ability to work in adverse conditions such as weather extremes, around fumes, noise, dust, and dirt
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Full-time