Summer Breeze Mechanical Service Inc. is family owned and operated. Providing professional HVAC servicing to commercial and residential customers in the Waterloo Region and surrounding areas for the past 27 years. Whether you are stuck in the cold, considering a new air conditioner or shopping for furnace parts, our HVAC technicians are here to help.
SB Mechanical is dedicated to community, providing top of the line HVAC products and services in the tri-cities. Our professional team takes pride in providing all of our customers with the professional and personal service they deserve. We understand how important it is to have a trustworthy, professional company install, maintain and repair high quality HVAC Systems. Reasonable rates and prompt service are part of our promise.
Our HVAC technicians are working-from-heights certified, TSSA certified, and WSIB insured.
SB Mechanical is an established HVAC company that has been servicing Waterloo Region and surrounding communities since 1997. To support our continued growth we are looking to add an HVAC technician/apprentice to our team.
We are looking for a HVAC Technician to assist and perform maintenance, repairs and installation of HVAC equipment in Residential, Commercial and Industrial applications.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and installation of various HVAC equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Perform diagnostics and repair on existing HVAC equipment.
- Perform equipment inspections as required.
- Educate and instruct customers on the proper care and maintenance of HVAC equipment.
- Ability to promote, educate and communicate effectively with customer regarding their HVAC needs.
- Must be customer service oriented
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all HVAC regulations and various equipment features
- Two or more years experience required,
- Must be physically capable to perform all work required for this position, including heavy lifting, kneeling, working at heights and in small spaces.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and regulatory procedures
- Ability to work both individually with limited supervision as well as part of a team.
- Must have strong attention to detail and follow instructions/direction, as required
- Must have excellent problem solving/decision making skills
- Must have outstanding customer service skills
- Must be punctual and possess excellent time management skills
- Be self-motivated and honest
- Must maintain a safe and clean company vehicle
- Must be willing to work some after hours and weekend “on calls” as required.
- Ability to quickly pick up new product and service knowledge, and communicate that knowledge effectively to customer
- Must have the ability to adapt to new technology, including operation of smart phone and various mobile apps and the internet.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Clean criminal record check
- Working hours are 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, hours may vary based on workload and season. Must be available for overtime, as required. Must be available for on-call for emergency/after-hours service rotation schedule.
- Must be physically capable of performing duties, lifting 60+ lbs, ladder/stair use
- Due to the nature of the work, must be able to work on construction sites; be capable of walking on uneven ground,
- Possibility of work in confined spaces, basements and attics, various temperatures and weather, both indoors and outdoors
- Required to wear all necessary PPE including work boots and hard hat
- Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large
Industry: Energy and Utilities
Reference ID: Tech-3
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,047.00 to $57,511.00 /year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
Please be assured that as an essential service, we are committed to implementing best practices to help prevent the spread of disease and ensure we can continue to provide a high level of service.
- hvac: 2 years (Preferred)
- HVAC repair & maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Gas (Preferred)
- Drivers Licence (Preferred)
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (Preferred)