As the Compost Equipment Operator, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the organic facility and safe operation of equipment.
· Observe inbound product and remove contaminants if necessary.
- Monitor pile temperatures content
-Move piles to second stage for aeration or relocate stabilized material to curing area.
- Operates heavy landfill equipment such as, wheel loader and stationary equipment on site.
· Verifies the equipment is in working order through daily pre and post inspections
· Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment
· Perform daily maintenance and cleaning activities
· Actively participate in safety meetings and safety culture
· Actively participate in refuse pick-up on site
· Other duties that may arise as assigned by supervisor or members of the Management Team.
· Previous Composting an asset
· 2+ years of Operating experience with Heavy Duty Equipment (skid steer, track loader, excavator, wheel loader, dozer etc)
· Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset, however not a requirement
· Mechanical aptitude coupled with strong hand/eye coordination
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
· Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride
· Customer service focused and supportive of co-workers
· Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
· Safety conscious
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care