Trumpeter Camp Company and associated companies is located in remote community Norman Wells, we are small family owned company with great family values, company home provided is three beds two baths. Our community sits on the banks of the Mackenzie River, we have boating, canoeing, quading all types of outdoor adventures, School from K to grade 12
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing management reporting and new reporting structures as required by GAAP and ASPE, financial and legal requirements; Enforce and improve internal controls.
- Ensure contracts are properly administrated in accordance with contract terms; Provide financial support to different entities.
- Assist in year-end planning, audit preparation (working with Auditor) and reconciliations; Reconciliation of principal asset and liability accounts regularly and at year-end.
- Preparing annual budget, financial analysis, and notes for the operating and capital budgets.
- Prepare Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable or other accounting duties as required.
- Preparing CRA monthly & annual filings, Dealing with CRA to make sure, company records are accurate
- Preparing WCB Filings, NWT Payroll Tax, Annual NWT Payroll Tax
- Preparing T4’s & fair knowledge of labour law
- Prepare and review Journal Entries and breakdown of invoices or projects for accounting allocation.
- Assist the management to identify and implement new ways to improve the quality and efficiency of the financial process, conducting analysis on financial data and area of gaps, closing gaps by developing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts by performing tasks such as reviewing & confirming transactions, following up on anomalies and taking corrective action by preparing journal entries.
- Provide necessary financial data to management on a timely basis.
- Work closely with management to enable them to make accurate decisions.
- Assist in developing new reporting tools to provide consistently better information.
- Assists in developing and maintaining financial procedures for the organization with an eye to efficiency and minimization of fraud.
Industry: Transport and Freight
Reference ID: trumpeter 2020
Application deadline: 2020-06-16
Job Type: Permanent
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)