Duties and responsibilities
- Ensures that all work is performed in a safe and efficient fashion. The safety of the individual, coworkers, customers, and the general public is the primary requirement of any and all tasks undertaken.
- Ensures that each facility is operationally capable of producing concrete at design capacity to meet customer demands.
- Proactively addresses breakdown events with a sense of urgency without compromising safety or product quality requirements.
- Actively inspects and monitors all mechanical equipment to ensure the majority of tasks performed are preventative rather than breakdown maintenance.
- Constantly in pursuit of building and maintaining a “best possible” group of facilities.
- Purchases and maintains inventories of parts and supplies within corporate guidelines in pursuit of lowest possible cost.
- Enthusiastically explores, evaluates, recommends, and implements approved projects that will provide tangible improvements in safety, quality, or productivity.
- Maintains oversight of projects that require external sub-trade participation.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive Preventative Maintenance Program.
Teamwork and Communication
- Works both individually and as part of a team to accomplish goals.
- Regularly communicates with operational and delivery coworkers and managers to identify and remove constraints of a mechanical or process nature.
- Keeps managers informed and takes responsibility for actions and decisions, both good and bad.
Must have requirements:
Preference will be given to individuals who also possess:
- The role will primarily be a Monday to Friday, dayshift position. Project circumstances, operational requirements, and emergency breakdowns will require working hours outside the normal schedule.
- Current rate of pay is $41.00 /hour. ?
There will be times when the incumbent will be required to work during inclement weather or non-conventional hours. Some tasks will be physically demanding and require lifting of up to 25 kg and include prolonged standing and/or walking.
Currently there are no direct reports to this role, however, the successful candidate must be willing and able to accept and evaluate apprentices in the future as well as supervise and direct production personnel if they are assigned to a maintenance project or task.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41.00 per hour