Your company, your values, your career!
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
The Room Attendant will contribute to the overall success of the hotel by ensuring that the Coast Hotels cleanliness and hygiene standards are consistently met for all guest room and public areas of the Hotel. This position will also be responsible for maintaining a positive work environment in the housekeeping area while maintaining high internal / external customer service standards.
Job Location: Coast Coal Harbour Vancouver Hotel by APA (1180 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC)
- Reviews and discusses room assignment sheet with Housekeeping Supervisor at the beginning of every shift
- Is committed to working safely, including adherence to safety regulations, hygiene and cleanliness
- Follows Coast Hotels procedures for the cleaning and making up of rooms
- Changes linens in assigned guest rooms according to established policies and procedures
- Ensures that all room amenities are in place, and that all drapes, sheers, windows and balcony doors are closed and locked prior to room completion
- Conducts daily inspections of assigned rooms for deficiencies and immediately completes work orders for the maintenance department
- Conducts room checks and informs Housekeeping of any discrepancies
- Turns in all lost & found items to the Housekeeping Office immediately upon leaving an assigned floor
- Ensures that the housekeeping cart is fully supplied, and that all needed supplies and equipment are in good working order
- Sorts recyclable items according to Coast Hotels recycling program guidelines
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper
- Minimum 1-year experience in a similar position an asset
- Successful completion of high school education preferred, but combination of experience and education will be considered
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift, push and pull a minimum of 40 pounds, to stand and / or walk for an extended period of time, ability to stoop, kneel and reach, or perform repetitive foot and hand action, and the ability to bend at the waist
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking team environment
- Demonstrated superior customer service philosophy
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Exemplifies Coast’s core values and enjoys working in a culture of accountability
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities & more!
Upon hire, candidates must provide COVID-19 vaccine card.
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST !
Please submit your application to the Coast Hotels Careers Site at: https://can62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/coasthotels/Posting/View/3781
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $24.04 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- housekeeping: 1 year (preferred)