Junior/Intermediate Accountant - Rossdown Group of Companies
The junior accountant is responsible for bank reconciliation, AR collection, AP Processing, inventory receiving and management, and preparing monthly financial statements. This role ensures all bank records, inventory and GL account transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner, as well as ensure customer AR aging stay within the term.
Experience \ Skills:
- Solid communication, technology, organizational, and analytical skills.
- 1-3 years experience: working to complete professional accounting designation
- Working knowledge of Canadian ASPE
- Excellent technical skills in data management, and Excel reporting
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- IT related knowledge is beneficial
- Character: Professional Manner
- Possesses Initiative
- Precise and detail oriented
- Cash receipts: Accountable for recording cash receipts timely and accurately
- Bank Reconciliations: Accountable for multiple bank accounts reconciliations, correcting errors, following up on open items and identifying and informing finance team of any unusual transactions.
- AR collections: Accountable for AR follow up, collections, working with sales and the customer to resolve issues and updating AR aging reports.
- Margin and yield Analysis: Accountable for weekly and monthly margin and yield analysis with identification of problem areas and assisting management with trouble shooting and identifying corrective actions.
- Inventory management: Accountable for working with divisional managers on inventory costing, reviewing ending inventory valuations for accuracy and identifying issues.
- Financial Statement & Balance Sheet Analysis: Accountable for preparing monthly financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations, correcting errors and variance explanation to budget/prior periods.
- Accounts Payable: Code and Post Accounts Payable entries into our accounting software, Work with the purchaser to investigate and resolve invalid/unauthorized charges and communicate with them by phone and email, Answer vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor accounts
- Develop Efficiencies in Work Flow
- Eliminate duplication
- Document \ update Process Flow
- Establish key KPI's for role
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent