We are seeking an experienced Senior Technical Administrator and Account Management oriented professional, who also has a strong grip on leadership, business and project management qualities sharing responsibilities with the MSP business owner. You will solve complex issues, working closely with management and the point of contacts of our clients to address their IT needs and provide excellent outcomes. The ability to specify, design, scope, understand and navigate purchasing, procurement of software licensing SKUS, Dell Servers and Workstation/Laptops, Cisco Commerce Workspace for Cisco Meraki network stack, and importantly experience with Ingram Micro Canada purchasing is a key asset.
The successful candidate will become part of our Senior Technical Support Team; helping our small business clients to support their daily operational needs and accomplish their long-term IT infrastructure goals:
- Engaging in Project, Account and Business Management responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Being able to respond to Account Management, Procurement and Purchasing requests, including issuing Purchase Orders with various distributors, Co-ordinating delivery and receiving.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with high level decision makers/managers of clients in a professional manner with the utmost sense of customer service and satisfaction
- Plan end-to-end, engaging necessary resources for delivery of technical Projects initiated by the customer
- Familiarity with Invoicing, Billing, Account Receivables and QuickBooks Online is an asset
- Engaging in Level 2, 3 and Senior Administrator support duties below including but not limited to:
- Advanced knowledge to support and maintain Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, including installing a new server AD DS DC, migrating a Domain and Roles, Group Policy, User and Security Group provisioning, assigning Permissions.
- Advanced knowledge with Virtualization with Hyper-V, setup, maintenance, troubleshooting. vmware and Citrix is an asset
- Advanced knowledge in support, maintenance and administration of Azure AD and Microsoft 365 Tenants, provisioning licenses, users, permissions, 365/Teams Groups, SharePoint libraries, Exchange/Security/Compliance Admin Centers
- Take delivery of customer purchased equipment (laptops, desktops, firewalls, access points), working with clients to setup, configure, image and profile devices as needed and co-ordinate delivery (by courier, customer method or self delivery if required)
- Taking telephone or email inquiries from end users and then troubleshooting and solving computer hardware, software, or network problems;
- Remotely accessing client workstations and servers to perform necessary maintenance and fix issues that arise;
- Providing remote support for Microsoft operating systems and programs as well other common small business LOB applications (commonly needing to liaise with third party technical support)
- Utilizing Overture’s remote monitoring and management system to help effectively manage client networks
- Reviewing and updating documentation
- Implementing ongoing evolving administration and security standardizations
- Other related duties as management requires
Education or Certifications
- Post-Secondary Education in IT or related field required
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration or Management is an asset
- Highly valued asset would be any Microsoft Certification in the past 10 years relevant to Job responsibilities outlined above.
- An Asset MS-900 Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals (and working towards additional 365 Certifications)
- An Asset AZ-900 Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals (and working towards Azure Administrator Associate AZ-104)
- Associate level or higher Cisco or Network+ certification or documented course training completed; concepts understood and proficiency maintained
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years experience working in an IT support role at a Managed Service Provider
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with a focus on root-cause analysis to prevent recurring issues
- Experience with MacOS and Linux would be an asset
- Mastery of core server roles such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and File Sharing (access control)
- Windows Server 2008-2019 MCSA certification considered an asset
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Networking/Infrastructure components and routing. Must be experienced with routing, VLANs, and have the ability to perform subnetting
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 administration and licensing is a requirement
- 365 Admin Center, SharePoint Admin, Teams Admin, Azure, AutoPilot, and InTune experience
- Knowledge and experience with Google Workspace (GSuite) considered an asset
- Confident experience with data backup and recovery solutions/disaster recovery tools
- Virtualization with Hyper-V or other virtualization technologies (VMWare) & basic administrative and maintenance tasks
- Knowledge and experience using Solarwinds N-Central including scripting and automation an asset
- EMM/MDM for Android and iOS experience is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly process-oriented and driven to create process from efficiencies found in exploration of problem solving; or the ability to create clear technical guides for internal and external use that keep with Overture standards along with providing feedback to improve standards
This is a 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, primarily work-from-home position, with a need for own transportation in the event employee will to be on-site for new projects, moves or a rare break that cannot be resolved remotely occurs. Mileage is logged and reimbursed at CRA mileage rate.
When applying, candidates can use their cover letter to indicate how their past knowledge and experiences relate to the job requirements above.
For a successful candidate, a job offer may be conditional upon (i) a background check; (ii) reference checks; and (iii) receipt of official copies of relevant educational diplomas, transcripts, and certifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $48,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Managed Service Provider: 3 years (preferred)
- IT Managed Service Provider: 2 years (required)
Willingness to travel: