First United’s mission statement.
First United honors the call to seek justice when we:
- Meet individual needs in the Downtown Eastside
- Advocate for social change
- Provide sanctuary in the heart of the city.
Each job within First United should in some way promote our accomplishment of this mission.
Oversees the daily operation of the storage facility during assigned shift. Shifts are 8 am - 12 pm, 4 pm - 8 pm Mon - Fri and 10 am - 2 pm on Sat and Sun.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the first contact for all facility patrons, warmly welcome and assist facility patrons with their storage needs.
- Oversee the smooth operation of the storage facility during assigned shift.
- Open and close facility at prescribed times.
- Follow protocols for belonging check in by ensuring all storage users receive and sign the waiver and providing them with a copy.
- Perform all related data entry for new and returning patrons on the storage database.
- Update daily check in information on the storage database for facility patrons.
- Bring bins to window and return bins to their respective areas at owner’s request.
- Work within all processes and procedures for Storage Facility staff.
- Bag overdo items and storage and retrieve long term items in the back room at the request of the Manager of Shelter.
- Monitor belongings for restricted items using the metal detector under the direction of the Storage Supervisor.
- Maintain a tidy work environment.
- Other duties, as required.
*SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The incumbent works fairly independently. If clarification is required, it is expected that the incumbent will request further direction from the Shelter Manager.
- Regular communication is maintained with all levels of staff and management.
- Storage Operators are to seek input or to exchange information about regular duties with the Operations Manager
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Up-to-date computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- At least one (1) years experience in a related field and environment.
- An physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs repetitively for most of the shift.
Grade 12 or comparable experience considered
- Non-violent crisis intervention training an asset and will be provided.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $15.68 /hour
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)