Part time, morning shifts.
You must be available between 7 am and 12 noon
Be available Monday to Friday. (Some weekends may be required)
Approx 12-20 hours a week depending our business needs
- Prepare food of consistent quality and production requirements.
- Experience with the use of knives and slicer required.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per hotel standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation and
- freezer pull
- Set up line for lunch service.
- Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping breakfast buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, food loss and usage.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean steamer, slicer, steam table, waffle iron.
- Ensure rotation of stock and the storage of all food items in accordance with health & safety regulations and company policy.
- Assist with preparation of food for catering /banqueting events as needed.
- Assist with kitchen steward/wash up duties as delegated to maintain the smooth and efficient running of the kitchen.
- Work in a cooperative customer focused manner with restaurant servers and banquet staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- Must have a valid Food Safety Certificate
- Thank you for your interest in Holiday Inn Oakville Centre. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know of any accommodations that may be required in the interview process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.72 /hour
- prep cook: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Safe Food Handling (Required)