SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The Valens Company is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to join our team at our Kelowna facility. Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, our ideal candidate will be a driven individual who is aligned with our core values and is able to remain highly adaptable as we scale our operations. The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the execution of corporate outreach and presence on social networking sites, including managing content, monitoring channel activity, evaluating analytics and coordinating the implementation of defined strategies.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms to reach defined target audiences (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and how each platform can be utilized for different forms of content for various audiences
- Plan all aspects of a social campaign, conducting research, determining platforms and target audience, developing strategy, writing content, working with designers, getting approvals, posting/scheduling, monitoring, engaging/triage, reporting using social media management tools
- Writing, repurposing, and developing original copy for the web, social media, ads and advertorials to market to existing, past and potential clients as well as media outlets.
- Suggest and handle award submissions and ensure the world is aware of our award wins and positive news coverage so that they can amplify the news through their own social networks.
- Write marketing literature (brochures, promo materials etc) to augment the company’s presence in the market
- Evaluate spending by channel to maximize ROI in each medium
- Works with marketing team to create and coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Develop and oversee the events calendar to ensure appropriate resourcing, staff and logistics
- Be responsible for ensuring accuracy in information, proofreading and general aesthetic
- Basic graphic design and ability to mock up collateral
- Support on any other marketing team initiatives as required
- Relevant post secondary education and 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Familiarity with web design and publishing and portfolio of work
- Effective presentation, report writing skills and the ability to work individually
- Knowledge of Programatic ad campaigns, SEO, Google AdWords and other relevant web traffic management skills
- Strong commitment to professional development and knowledge acquisition
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful, proactive and problem solve when issues arise
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience working with creative agencies
- Bilingual is an asset but not required
At the Valens Company, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
Job Type: Full-time
- Social Media Marketing: 2 years (Required)