Job Title: Shipper/Receiver
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
Stainless Process Equipment is a Canadian company that is a recognized leader in the distribution of sanitary process equipment servicing the food, beverage, dairy, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical industries.
We are searching for a dynamic, experienced, and knowledgeable Shipper/Receiver to join our growing team.
The Shipper/Receiver will ensure that customers receive their materials within the specified timeframe, as well as maintain accurate inventory by performing the following duties.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform quality control and final inspection of parts for shipment to customers
- Package and prepare shipping labels through UPS and FedEx online system
- Ensuring that goods inward/stock control department is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support production and the expectations of our customers
- Ensuring that incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately
- Ensuring that materials are ready and available for shipment as and when required
- Ensuring that any materials that are late or holding up production are traced until received
- Providing routine management information on inventory performance
- Preparing reports, such as inventory balance and shortages
- Preparing list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items
- Performing additional inventory management-related functions, such as monitoring slow moving and dead stock, conduct cycle counting and yearly inventories, reporting, etc.
- Performing shipping coordination activities, such as shipping customer material, answering customer calls, handling routine issues, entering relevant shipping information and maintaining inspections on equipment
- Interfacing directly with customer when the customer is picking up and as required
- Maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions
- Maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and business process skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills -- Excel, Word, etc.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer-focused working environment
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently, and effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve, and adapt
- Exhibits a teamwork mentality
- Must be Fork Lift certified
- 5-year minimum Warehousing experience required
- Required education: High school at minimum
- 2 work related references
- Safety Footwear
- Ability to pass a background clearance
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The successful candidate will be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.
- Shipping & receiving: 5 years (preferred)