Advert Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
Job Description Your Impact:
As Lead Development Representative you will evangelize Sage by generating new business through using both inbound and outbound business development techniques that will result in having highly engaging conversations with senior executives from prospective customer accounts. This role is critical to building new business and sales opportunities to fuel our growth in our Mid-Market and Enterprise segments. By working closely with Account Executives, you will create and prioritize strategic target account lists within a defined territory. This is a quota-based role, with clear objectives and targets to help grow your territory. The successful candidate will contribute to our business growth in a fast paced, collaborative and fun atmosphere, as a valued member of Sage.
Key Responsibilities How your impact works:
- Identify potential sales opportunities within various industries and vertical that may benefit from Sage enterprise-level products
- Connect with customers to introduce the value proposition of Sage products to the end-customer. At a high-level, discuss products and features to assess the interest and timing of a sales opportunity
- Upon identifying a qualified lead, work collaboratively with Account Executives to share customer information and level of interest in Sage products
- Track all opportunities within our CRM systems and ensure that all the data points are accurate and updated on a timely basis
- Share trends and feedback with key Marketing and Sales leaders regarding Sage products
- Other duties as assigned
- A Diploma or Bachelor's degree Business, Accounting or Technology is strongly preferred
- 2 - 5 years of full-time corporate sales or business development experience in SaaS
- Excellent verbal communication skills to prospect opportunities with new customers
- Experience within Inside Sales, Outbound Sales, Tele-Marketing, Tele-Sales or Call-center environment is strongly desired
- Working knowledge of MS Office 365 tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of CRM or SFA knowledge is a plus
- A strong team player; this role requires individuals to work within the functional team, as well as with other key stakeholders
- Leverage a competitive spirit and collaborative mindset to get things done in a team environment
- Understand how to leverage team expertise and embrace a learning environment
- A passion for driving measurable results through repeatable activity and process
Join Sage Software Canada, the 2018 Region of the Year Winners!
Do you love where you work? WE do! Our beautiful Sage campuses are located in the biggest high-tech cities in Canada! Our Richmond, BC campus is only 20 mins away from downtown Vancouver and the Toronto campus (in the heart of the South Core Financial District) that displays spectacular views of Lake Ontario from our coffee bar and steps away from the Scotiabank Arena and CN tower. While there, you will work alongside talented colleagues who are passionate about solving client’s business problems. We care about our colleagues, and we show it! Our comprehensive total rewards program which includes a competitive salary, extended health, dental, vision coverage, sales commissions / performance bonuses, on-going training and career opportunities, 21 days paid time off (PTO) to start, paid 5 days to volunteer, RRSP matching contributions, fitness allowance, tuition fee allowance, and so much more! Bring your true self to work every day. We understand that our differences are what makes us a stronger company. Sage Software Canada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with an ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion. Providing a positive and accessible candidate experience throughout the hiring process is not just our goal, but our promise. Please find a role that interests you, and if your skills are a good fit, one of our team will contact you for an interview. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, however, if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.