Oliver is a leading Canadian provider of training and evaluation services for licensed professions. For over 30 years Oliver has prepared thousands of individuals for entry to the banking, securities, insurance, and financial planning industries. Oliver has evolved to become a front and back-office solution provider for corporations, regulators and national associations. Oliver is an innovator in its markets and has created sophisticated technical solutions for the delivery of training and exams.
We are seeking a highly motivated Project Administrator for IT project support activities, including the planning and coordination of projects. The Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to ensure all project-related data is current and accurate by consulting with peers and managers and using collaborative project management software.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Information Technology and Digital Program Manager and will engage with developers and managers on a daily basis. Preference will be given to candidates with a passion for technology and experience with information technology projects.
- monitor all project-related tasks daily to ensure the accuracy of project status reporting
- participate in all IT meetings where project estimates are established or adjusted
- document and integrate all resource-related decisions into overall plans
- identify and communicate gaps between estimated and actual work and the impact on project delivery dates and staff resourcing
- maintain ongoing communications to identify problematic task/resource scheduling
- Monitoring the progress of a project against its deadline
- Identify, flag, and report potential business issues to managers
- Engage in problem solving to overcome challenges
- Coordinate with various departments within the production chain
- Update and maintain all spreadsheets related to production tasks via Google Suite, Trello, Clickup, and TimeDoctor
- maintain project plans that communicate tasks, milestone dates, status, resource allocation and financial status
- coordinate project plan activities, organize project information, follow up on action items and assignments
- contribute to a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving
- other project-coordination activities, as required
- Minimum 2 years of administrative/coordination experience required
- Minimum 2 years of customer service is an asset
- Proficient in Microsite Office and Google Suite products (Gmail, Sheets, Docs)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment with shifting priorities
- strong organizational skills; capable of working under pressure, ability to multitask
- superior attention to detail
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral English)
- possess the confidence to speak frankly with peers regarding the status of their tasks
- familiarity with popular collaborative project management software (e.g. Jira, Trello, Clickup) is an asset
- familiarity with project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management
- working knowledge Google suite products (Gmail, Sheets, Docs)
- strong positive attitude and willingness to learn new things
- Typical hours 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (37.5 hours)
At Oliver Solutions we are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to build and create an inclusive and accessible working environment, in accordance with the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We recognize that promoting diversity by offering equal employment opportunities is an essential component of our continuous pursuit of organizational success.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Are you a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident?