This role operates in English.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Cooperators General Insurance company, Sovereign Insurance believes your experience matters. This is our promise to not only our clients but to our employees as well, because we know the strength of our company starts with our people. The smart, curious and collaborative people who bring their whole heart and passion to work each day. But you can’t pour from an empty cup; we take care of the well-being of our people so that they are inspired to protect Canadian businesses and the lives, families and communities we impact. Join us and begin shaping your experience at Sovereign.
Sovereign is looking for a Manager, Application Development responsible for providing direct management to a diverse team that has complex technical responsibilities and will work in close collaboration with our Solution Delivery Leads, providing skilled personnel to meet various project requirements.
What you’re responsible for:
- Managing Application Development team activities, providing expertise to resolve escalated issues and guiding others to enable them to handle in future.
- Maintaining systems by ensuring processes and documentation are in place for significant-scale production systems and enhancing where necessary.
- Collaborating with project management team members to ensure project definition and planning activities are to the satisfaction of all project stakeholders.
- Conducting research of multiple competing vendors for external vendor hardware and/or software solution purchases, to ensure that solution meets the needs of the business partner and complies with internal IT standards.
- Coaching and developing your team, recruiting and selecting talent, managing and rewarding performance, and fostering an agile culture to deliver on strategic objectives.
What to expect:
- Detail oriented work that requires a high degree of mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- You will handle sensitive information where a high degree of confidentiality and discretion is required.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You thrive on delivering our exceptional client experience through positive and engaging relationships; embracing accountability to achieve effective results.
- You ensure your day to day actions are in harmony with the company’s purpose, vision, and values even when challenged.
- You will support and guide others through changing conditions and encourage the exploration of new opportunities or innovations.
- You value cooperative and collaborative dialogue because diverse perspectives offer more creative and productive solutions.
To join our team:
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with at least 5 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years as a software developer and managing developers.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and demonstrated leadership ability of management.
- Familiarity with SDLC, DevOps and Project Management.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including any specific designations/certifications for area of expertise.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to take on challenging work and contribute your expertise, creativity, and passion in meaningful ways.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, paid time off, pension and benefits.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and flexible work options.
- The opportunity to work on an inclusive team who inspire each other to explore and achieve what’s possible.
- A company that is committed to support the social, environmental and financial well-being of the lives, families and communities we impact.
Job Type: Full-time