Join our Team and gear up for an exciting career!
DeFord Contracting Inc.’s Health and Safety & Human Resources Department is looking for an experienced and enthusiasticfull-time Administrative Assistantto provide exceptional administrative support in all capacities to the HR/HSE team in accordance with the established policies and procedures within the Edmonton area. As an integral part of the team, this role is responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Performs a variety of research functions and uses computer programs to produce reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Carries out varied assigned tasks requiring knowledge of office protocol and demonstrates an understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the office.
- Coordinates and sets up meetings.
- Maintains schedules of a variety of team members.
- Sets up and maintains manual and electronic filing systems.
- Maintain safety PPE supplies and other materials required for department’s or project’s activities.
- Provide receptionist service relief, greet customers or clients, answer any questions for customers or clients, answer and direct phone lines, and respond to inquiries.
- Track all safety documents including; Safe Work Plans, Employee Training Records, Safety Orientations, Driver Hours of Service
- Maintain Subcontractor Hours / Vendor Hours for Risk Department / Vendor documentation
- Photocopies, faxes and scans documents as required.\
- Assists HSE/HR Manager and team with general administrative requests.
- Performs additional assignments under supervisor’s direction.
- Prepare meeting minutes, record decisions, schedule and coordinate meetings, and prepare documents and reports.
- Assist in completing all Accident / Incident documentation.
- Provide administrative support to managers, supervisors, and staff within different divisions of the company.
- High school diploma, or G.E.D. equivalent, plus a minimum of 3 or more years of related administrative experience is required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment on an active construction site with multiple interruptions and changing priorities throughout the day is required. Computer proficiency and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically MS Excel, Word, and Outlook) and other related software skills are required.
- Advanced skills in operating computers, various printers, fax machine, scanner and other office equipment are necessary.
- Must possess strong organizational, multitasking, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as clients.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and to write correspondence and memos
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 3-5 years of experience in HSE and HR administration within the construction or energy infrastructure industry is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of business procedures, letter and report formats.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects with limited supervision is desirable.
- Above average organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a team-based environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background in health & safety or HR
DeFord Contracting Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
DeFord Contracting Inc. seeks to fully integrate the principles of Employment Equity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of historically disadvantaged groups (i.e., members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, women, and aboriginal peoples).
DeFord Contracting Inc. will achieve this by ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- operating computers: 3 years (Required)
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Required)
- Health & Safety: 3 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)
- Maintain Subcontractor Hours / Vendor Hours: 3 years (Required)
- electronic filing systems: 3 years (Required)
- entering hours of service: 3 years (Required)
- completing Accident / Incident documentation: 3 years (Required)
- coordinating and setting up meetings: 2 years (Required)
- taking and preparing meeting minutes: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- reliable transportation (Preferred)