Highbridge Human Capital is delighted to be working with Aprio in a search for a Chief Technology Officer in Vancouver, BC. Aprio's secure cloud-application board portal, allows for paperless meetings, while improving board meeting organization, and reducing members’ stress. Aprio entered the market in 2004, and shortly after in 2007, became the top board software choice for Canada’s credit unions and leading choice for Canada’s crown corporations. Inspired by their own experiences as board members, the company was founded to create software that empowers every organization to achieve fair and continuous access to information, effective collaboration, and visibility into every decision, at all times. Aprio has been able to enhance the lives of people who dedicate their time to board work, and support the achievement of the ultimate goals of every organization they serve.
Aprio is currently looking for an innovative and strategic Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to align, elevate and lead IT infrastructure and cloud services while driving forward Aprio’s Board Portal strategy. This role encompasses the varied facets of the modern Technology Leader and will be responsible for developing and setting direction for infrastructure standards and related cloud technology initiatives within the organization. The CTO will provide strategic direction in all technology-related issues in support of information operations and organizational strategies, while maintaining the existing enterprise infrastructure and related cloud technologies, and sustaining relationships and agreements with current outsourced service partners.
A Day in the life of the Chief Technology Officer: role and responsibilities
Combining your knowledge of the software development space, leadership and communication skills, strategic vison, and project management expertise, the CTO is responsible for leading the development team and administering all aspects of the company’s technological functions, while also driving strong overall information and technology-related performance improvements and acting as a strategic partner to the leadership team, providing insight in regard to potential areas of growth opportunity. As a senior leader of the organization,
· You will manage and provide leadership to your team and will oversee all IT operations.
· You assist in formulating the company's future direction; supporting tactical IT and development initiatives, and company growth.
· You will provide key market and competitor analysis to shape management decisions, and inform leadership on the strategic direction of the organization.
· You will lead the near- and long-term planning and process improvements within your department, and coach managers in the technological acumen necessary to lead their lines of business.
· You will act as a change agent, evaluating the current processes and procedures of the IT and development team, developing process efficiency improvements, championing and implementing these improvements amongst the team and organization.
· You will provide a critical examination of the current state of the organizations products and services, and assess potential opportunities for growth.
The Fine Print
Strategic Planning, Leadership and Communication
· You will participate collaboratively with leadership to establish and forge a future proof information technology strategy, and the strategic plans and objectives relating to the technological needs of Aprio.
· You will develop a strategic technology plan and roadmap that anticipates business needs of Aprio’s clients and plays a collaborative role in proposing technology capabilities in support of Aprio’s strategic organizational goals and objectives.
· You work collaboratively with all members of the leadership team to produce technology architecture, standards and policies.
IT Team Leadership
· You work to elevate and advance the essential role of information technology services by providing leadership, planning, and overall management of human, financial and technology resources.
· You provide oversight for quality assurance for technology service activities (e.g. performance and integration testing, monitoring, tool support, and change control).
· You lead and coordinate the development of all products, working collaboratively with the outsourced development teams, and with marketing, sales and client service teams.
· You will manage vendor performance and adherence to contract terms and conditions and negotiates and manages new third party relationships.
· You will assess and develop the skills, abilities, and expertise of staff to build a positive service-oriented culture.
· You continuously keep abreast of industry standards, practices, and new technologies to enhance key stakeholder satisfaction.
· You foster and provide an environment that encourages staff in continuous improvement, learning and development of new skills.
Project Management and Governance
· You will lead and manage IT technology over the lifecycle of Aprio’s client solutions. This includes oversight of IT and data governance coordination, solution development and design, configurations, outsourcing and testing.
· You maintain a strong information system control environment that is responsive to the risks across all aspects of technology and ensures best of class security is implemented across all of Aprio’s offerings.
· You will manage and execute delivery of services as well as enhancements to technology that supports client value, business innovation, and lasting business impact while ensuring that the technology is well-maintained, responsive, secure, and reliable providing consistent capabilities for all external clients and customers.
· You provide strategic budget oversight for IT management teams, ensuring operation within capital budget parameters recommending opportunities for cost reduction.
· You will partner and collaborate with key stakeholders to scope, plan, and implement projects that enable Aprio to serve new or current customers.
· You provide oversight in all technology-related matters, including end-user computing, technical training, outsourced and contracted services including cloud, hosted & co-managed systems, and constituent/identity management services.
· You will establish and report on technology success metrics as well as key performance indicators.
· You ensures that all systems necessary to support IT operations and objectives are effectively managed.
Requirements – what you bring to the company:
· A proven track record of successful organizational and technical leadership within information technology.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Our “must haves” that make you great:
· You have a passion for creating tools that enables organizations to better manage their business.
· You are an inspirational, innovative, and action-oriented leadership.
· You are a strategic decision-maker.
· You possess a strong business acumen.
· You have an entrepreneurial spirit and you execute like an owner.
· You are a true collaborator with exceptional people and leadership skills.
· You strive for efficiency and process improvements.
· You are empathetic and approachable with an ability to partner with and influence management.
· You have proven work ethic with utmost integrity.
· You pride yourself on your attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
· You are dedicated to growing the operations by building successful relationships with customers and clients.
· You possess self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement.
· You are goal oriented.
· You are able to work well independently and within a team.
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation: Aprio monitors the market and offers competitive salaries that reward our team’s efforts.
· Health benefits: We all work best when we are well, and our families are cared for. Our health plan protects us.
· Work from home flexibility: We have a charming office, but you don’t always have to be here.
· Positive impact: Join in our mission to bring good governance to all. Support fair play by boards everywhere.
· Tech community: Be a part of Vancouver’s vibrant tech hub. Apply and enhance knowledge that’s vital in a software-driven world.
· Unplugged vacations: We all need to unplug and play, your team will support your getaways.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per year