Responsibilities include general maintenance duties, repairs to building interior/exterior, room's fixtures and finishing when required by departmental staff schedule.
All job descriptions are subject to change.
The duties of a Maintenance Technician # 4 include, but are not limited to the following:
- MUST be available to work weekends, holidays and afternoon shifts.
- Perform service and maintenance of all equipment in guestrooms and function rooms including preventative maintenance activities (in accordance with the PM checklists) as well as unexpected or emergency situations.
- Respond to trouble calls originating from guestrooms immediately.
- Respond to contact by radio, pager, or telephone immediately.
- Repair all interior/exterior equipment when necessary as per the W.O. system.
- Record and sign all work orders assigned during the shift, handling them in accordance with the current policy and procedure.
- Record and report defects noted while working in the hotel. If a problem continues to recur, the Maintenance Person shall specifically alert the Chief Engineer of his designate to the fact that this is a continuing problem.
- Record all materials used for a job and report to Chief Engineer or his designate.
- Maintain all hotel machinery and tools in good order (keeping secured from theft or damage) and report lost or damaged tools immediately.
- Perform any other activities as needed by the building or department.
- Assist other Mechanics as directed or as required by others.
- Maintain constant awareness of current Maintenance or Hotel policies, information or instructions as posted in the Maintenance department and/or in other areas of the hotel.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor when dealing with guests, clients, or fellow associates. Maintain a customer-focused attitude at all times.
- Follow all Health and Safety procedures and maintain good working practices including maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Perform additional duties as assigned from time to time by the Chief Engineer, his/her designate or another Manager of the Hotel.
Physical demands: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, Bending, Walking & Squat
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.30 to $18.30 /hour
- maintenance technician: 1 year (Preferred)