Seeking energetic, organized, part-time assistance at a small boutique Innlocated at a winery in Naramata. This position oversees all aspects of this recentlyconstructed Inn. This is a great opportunity to meet people, be creative, andlearn.
We believe that customer interaction with the Innkeeper is what makes ourInn special & exclusive, so we are seeking a special individual to assistin all aspects of the business. The ideal individual should embrace the demandsof the life of an Innkeeper with a positive attitude and professional manner.The Assistant Innkeeper will be responsible for creating a warm welcomingenvironment for all guests. This position is responsible for assuring all guestrequests are responded to in a timely manner. This role allows the opportunityfor guest interaction and has a direct impact on the guest experience.
The job requires someone with a fairly flexible schedule. Typically, 20or so hours/week - depends on the season and reservations. Hours also dependon what a candidate can bring, as the owners can use help with a variety ofthings. The Inn operates 7 days a week, so working some hours on weekends isnecessary. The owners of the Inn & Winery are very hands-on in all aspectsof everyday operations and are reliant on this position to have a focus onexcellent customer service, meticulous attention to detail, and ability to createan exceptional guest experience.
General responsibilities include:
- Cooking & serving an elegant breakfast in a timely manner for up to 12 guests (and accommodating dietary requests)
- Ensuring the kitchen, food prep and food storage area meet standards
- Conducting required shopping and laundry service deliveries
- Making and modifying room reservations
- Keeping room availability up to date online
- Help create and fine tune procedures for all aspects of Inn operations
- Cordially answer all incoming calls and following through with the guest/reservation request
- Being first-line contact with guests, answering initial phone calls and assisting in organizing their stay, ensuring they have all relevant information, and coordinating check-in times
- Providing hotel and area information to all guests
- Understanding guest needs and accommodating them as necessary
- Working closely with the Owners, Hospitality Manager, & Housekeeping to ensure guest needs are being met and accommodating any special requests, etc.
- Welcoming guests at check-in, as needed
- Hosting evening happy hour, as needed
- Coordinate routine maintenance and operational procedures, as needed
- Performing other light office work, as needed
- Facilitating with housekeeping staff to keep the inn clean & in good repair
- Performing other duties as requested by Hospitality Manager & owners.
- Communicate accurately, efficiently, and professionally to assist guests over the telephone and via email.
- Understand and efficiently operate computer systems.
- Accurate spelling and grammar in written communication.
- Take accurate phone messages and reservations.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Organizational skills to maintain filing system, and ensure follow-through on all tasks.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Be physically able to do shopping, light housework, light gardening, errands etc.
- Ability to cook a delicious meal, and present it in an elegant fashion
- FoodSafe certification, or ability to obtain
- ProServe certification, or ability to obtain
- Ability to adapt to guests special dietary needs
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Good communication skills
- Be available early mornings and weekends
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour