Growing Electrical firm looking for new candidates to join our team.
Optimus Electric Inc. is a full service Electrical/Data Contractor based on Vancouver Island, British Columbia that specializes in commercial, light-industrial construction as well as residential and special projects. Optimus is a Western Canadian Electrical Contractor seeking a Journeyman/Woman Electrician who resides in the Cowichan Valley area. We are seeking a driven, reliable team member who will work to exceed clients expectations and perform their tasks in a safe and timely manner.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in running small to large projects working with the construction management and site supervisory team
- Perform tasks relating to the construction, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, Canadian Electrical Code, and project specifications
- Enforce WCB and Company-mandated Health and Safety Standards
Internal Training Opportunities:
- Managing customer relationships
- Managing a small crew
- Leadership and mentorship skills
- Project design and execution
- General site administration
- Fire alarm systems
- Data/communication systems
- Low voltage control systems
- Other realms of personal/professional interest
- Red Seal Journeyman Certification
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, diagrams, and project specifications
- Ability to read and interpret the Canadian Electrical Code
- Working knowledge of electrical principles, conduit, circuitry, power and distribution
- Desire for personal and professional development
- Strong Interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skill
If want to join a dynamic, innovative company and are interested in taking the next step in becoming an electrical foreman, we want to speak to you right away!
Note: Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
*Must have own PPE and basic tools.
*Must have valid drivers license.
*Must be bondable.
*Ability to work well with others and lead by example.
*First Aid, fall protection, Aerial lift, WHIMIS and air brakes are considered an asset
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $50,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $52,984.00-$87,028.00 per year
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Journeyman Electrician: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (preferred)
- FSR (preferred)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place