Noc B 7316
Machine Builder-fitter / Service Technician
Job requirements – Full time 40 hours a week –
Hourly Rate – based on Experience - $26.00-$29.00/hr.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a mechanical apprenticeship program, such as millwrighting, machining or Completion of five years of on-the-job training in the field
- Certification in a related trade is voluntary but beneficial.
- 5 years' experience in toolmaking and building automation equipment
- Proficient in programing and operating CNC and robotic machinery
- Tool making, millwright, industrial mechanic certificate or equivalent
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able to build and operate robotic waterjet, laser, plasma cutting machines
- basic PLC and robot integration knowledge
- Read and interpret engineering drawings sketches and specifications
- Setup, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and CNC machine tools
- Program CNC machine tools
- Fabricate parts to prescribed dimensions from a variety of materials
- Verify machined parts for conformance to specifications
- Fit and assemble prefabricated metal parts to build heavy industrial machinery
- Move and align subassemblies and components
- Install major components on site and in customer worksites such as gears, pumps, motors or hydraulic assemblies
- Inspect subassemblies and finished products for conformance to specifications
- Diagnose and repair technical problems with customer and company owned machinery
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Promote continuous quality improvement with a focus on working in a safe, secure manner.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are essential. Applicants need to be professional and respectful whenever on a worksite.
- Ability to perform physical labor (e.g. lifting to 20 kgs unassisted)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00 to $29.00 /year
- MECHANICAL (Preferred)
- MACHINING (Preferred)
- CNC AND PLC (Preferred)