Aer Rianta International, or ARI as we are known today, is one of the world’s longest-established and most successful travel retail companies. Thanks to our unique combination of commercial expertise, innovative culture and partnership approach, we are one of the largest and most significant players in the global travel retail industry today. ARI designs, manages and operates duty free and duty paid airport retail outlets in Europe, Asia and the Americas. We employ over 3,500 people worldwide.
Do you want to work for a global travel retailer where your ideas, actions and interactions make a real difference? We are looking for innovative people to shape ARI’s future, building on our core strengths in delivering customer-led, bespoke retail offers.
Aer Rianta is one of the major international airport Duty Free Boutiques Operator. We continuously have positions open in different areas: cosmetics, sales, purchasing, finance, warehouse etc. You name it, we’re hiring!
The objective of the Logistics and Warehouse Manager is to oversee the entire warehouse and customs activities in North America, as part of the ARI strategy. The role holder will work under the direction of the General Manager of ARINA.
This position is based in Ville Saint-Laurent. Some mobility to Dorval and our other North American locations may be required. This role may provide future opportunities Internationally.
Your day will look like this:
- Plan, organize, analyze, direct and control (regulate) the supply chain (warehouse) and logistics activities, in order to establish and optimize internal processes and procedures
- Train and supervise warehouse and logistics staff in order to ensure smooth running of the team’s activities
- Ensure smooth running of customs procedures
- Encourage high performance within the supply chain team, set attainable objectives, proceed with performance reviews and manage achievement of objectives through a supportive and coaching approach
- Monitor and optimize inventory to ensure no stock outs or shortage while maintaining optimal inventory value
- Develop, maintain and continuously evaluate policies and procedures in a way to optimize the operations’ efficiency
- Analyze all processes and procedures, take ownership of special optimization projects and successfully plan the process leading to their success
- Promote continuous improvement, while keeping an open-minded approach towards improvement suggestions
- Manage and drive the department, delegating responsibility effectively to key personnel with the team
- Assist in creating a climate of trust and collaboration between the different departments and entities of the company, including upper management and subordinate staff, to improve the company’s performance;
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in line with company objectives; analyze key performance indicators and produce reports;
- Maintain health and safety standards and review procedures to remain compliant with current regulation;
- Provide health and safety training regarding the use of various equipment, vehicle and safety devices;
- Perform any other related tasks, when needed, to support the operations, the sales staff, the buying team and the upper management.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business Management, Logistics, Operations Management, etc.);
- 2 years or more of experience in a management position;
- 5 years or more of experience in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Operations Management;
- Bilingualism (French and English);
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel Vlookup and Pivot Table functions;
- Continuous improvement mindset and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to function and lead in a collaborative team environment;
- Show self-direction, motivation and flexibility;
- Analytical and multitasking skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
What we will do for you!
Full medical insurance
Looking out for your future:
Benefit from our generous retirement plan
Discount on purchases made at The Loop Duty Free!
Easily accessible by public transport and free parking
Need someone to talk to? Speak to a counselor through our Employee Aid Program
Take note that the use of the masculine gender in this document includes both men and women. The masculine gender is used without discrimination and is employed solely for conciseness purposes.