The DevOps Administrator works closely with the respective stakeholders to help build, manage, and support infrastructure for a variety of web-based systems. The DevOps Administrator will work with a talented team of individuals who impact clients and users around the world with leading-edge web technology products that solve complex business problems and workflows. The DevOps Administrator will help guide development teams with respect to infrastructure best practices for development through to production. The DevOps Administrator will utilize knowledge of DevOps and traditional systems administration skills in order to manage complex infrastructure for globally deployed applications. The role will focus on the automation of workflows, maintenance of servers, and performing other traditional systems administration tasks such as disaster recovery, network administration, security, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and documentation.
- Deploys, configures, manages, and performs ongoing maintenance of technical infrastructure.
- Monitors infrastructure performance and backups, and responds to incidents.
- Provides, maintains, and manages the appropriate release policy, processes, standards, and procedures.
- Assists development team with the preparation of releases for production. This includes assisting in the automation of performance tests, validation of infrastructure requirements, and guiding the team with respect to system decisions.
- Creates or improves the automated deployment processes, techniques, and tools.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical operational issues related to IT Infrastructure.
- Installs/racks server infrastructure
- Provides network administration including firewall configuration and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains infrastructure documentation including network diagrams, disaster recovery plans, and infrastructure dependencies.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Systems Administrator or DevOps Administrator.
- Strong background in Linux (various distributions) Administration.
- Experience in DB Administration required.
- Strong knowledge and awareness of modern system administration and process management tools (i.e. Git, New Relic, Linux, Apache, NGINX, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, AWS, VMWare, QualysGuard, Alert Logic or similar).
- Experience setting up and administering co-location infrastructure (including rack installation), as well as cloud-based infrastructure (i.e. AWS).
- Experience with continuous integration, monitoring, and automation concepts and tools.
- Experience implementing and testing DRP and BCS plans.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture.
- Flexibility in work hours required for major implementations in order to meet requirements for release management changes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- DevOps/Systems Administration: 3 years (Required)
- Linux: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)