To pick, pack, and quality check in a timely and accurate manner on a daily basis all orders released for picking in the break pack pick section of the Fulfillment Centre.
Primary Duties and Responsibilitites
Policies and Practices:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains general cleanliness of the break pack pick lines, all common areas of the facility, and other areas as assigned according to company standards.
- Work effectively in a team environment, assisting in all area, including box making
- Maintain a high degree of personal standards and conduct
- Accurate picking and recording of products and quantities picked on the pick slip for each box which handled
- Proper notation for each box handled on each pick slip through application of individual’s initials and a clear written indication of the number of pieces picked
- Confirmation of boxes picked on the distribution system and entering any changes to quantity picked as required or directed by management
- Assist in the maintenance of the conveyor system through the clearing of box jams and executing the emergency stop in the event of a box jam
- Maintain the continuous flow of boxes along the conveyor line by ensuring that the static roller receiving boxes at each line start is clear at all times to receive the boxes being directed to the line
- Rotate between the functions of break pack picking between lines and the function of QC as scheduled or as directed by management
- Information Resources:
- Responsible for assisting in the training and cross-training of all associates in all areas of break pack picking and QC .
- Perform on the job in the most cost effective manner
- Properly secures company assets and physical inventory.
- Material Resources:
- Required to use basic material handling equipment. Training will be provided by the company.
- Responsible for the safe use of all material handling equipment
- Responsible for informing management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment, the break pack line and QC area, and/or the general warehouse area
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Basic knowledge of necessary distribution system options relating to the processing of break pack pick tickets
- Basic knowledge of the conveyor system as it relates to general safety, emergency stops, clearing of box jams, and restarting from the main control panel
Interpersonal Skills (Internal/External Contacts):
- Conduct relationships with fellow Associates in a friendly business like manner.
- Requires basic reading and arithmetic skills and strong command of the English language
Problem Solving/ Judgement:
- Problems faced on the job tend to be standardized with infrequent new problems. Decisions are made based on company policies and procedures. Problems requiring breach of a policy should be referred to a supervisor.
- Prioritize all aspects of the job on a daily basis in order to complete all assigned tasks.
- Communicate suggestions for improvements on both administrative and process methods.
- Two Wheel Hand Cart
- Manual Pallet Truck
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
- A significant output of physical effort is required through lifting, bending, pulling twisting, etc.
- Peak times exist where an individual may not be able to choose when to stop for a period of two consecutive hours, due to continuous flow of boxes.
- The work flow is such that at peak times it may be difficult to stop and relax between scheduled breaks, although the opportunity to stop and relax exists during non-peak periods.
- Conditions may cause physical discomfort due to significant exposure to uncontrollable temperature, noise from internal paging and conveyor system, delivery trucks, fumes from trucks, dirt and dust. Due to your direct contact with material handling equipment, there is a high risk of personal injury if not practicing safe working habits. The incumbent can expect to be exposed to multiple demands and constant interruptions from subordinates, superiors, and co-workers.
- You can expect to be exposed to multiple demands and constant interruptions from superiors and co-workers
- A preference of one to two years of previous experience.
- Successful completion of high school.