Care Supervisor – Toronto
Are you an RN or RPN who leads by example in meeting or exceeding clients’ expectations? Do you want to use your supervisory background to promote excellence in clinical service delivery? If so, you’re the type of professional who will excel as part of the CBI Health Group team.
As a Care Supervisor within our CBI Home Health team, you will lead a group of direct care providers to ensure that clinical service delivery meets or exceeds standards set by CBI Home Health and external stakeholders. Showing the way as a Regulated Health Professional (RN or RPN), you will develop and customize care plans to meet the patient’s individual needs, as well as supervise direct care providers (field staff), unregulated staff (delegating tasks) or regulated staff (RN/RPN) in the provision of services that align with their scope of practice, with a focus on ensuring service and clinical excellence.
As a Care Supervisor, you will:
- Respond to patient referrals within timelines (internal and external)
- Complete a comprehensive care assessment in a timely manner, utilizing tools, forms and process as aligned with established policy and procedure guidelines
- Document all required information, including any information pertinent to the client status and care planning
- Ensure Patient and Care Provider safety by accurately assessing risk using tools provided
- Ensure that care plans meet individual patient’s needs, and that the Care Provider has the knowledge, skills and expertise to fulfill the plan
- Reassess patients at interim visits to ensure the service plan continues to be appropriate
- Be responsible for investigation, resolution and reporting of all customer related complaints
- Promote service delivery excellence through effective on-boarding, mentoring, coaching and performance managing of field staff, including performance reviews
- Ensure all team members are aligned to the Key Accountabilities of their role and are meeting performance expectations
- Participate actively in meeting or exceeding utilization, retention and engagement expectations of field staff/care providers
- Respond to identified staff training needs with action plans to resolve gaps, minimize risk and ensure service delivery excellence
- Ensure all internal and external reporting meets or exceeds all standards and expectations of CBI Home Health, external stakeholders and the associated Regulatory Body
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of appropriate documentation, including client charting
- Actively identify potential risks with internal stakeholders to mitigate and/or manage risk, with particular attention to missed visits and clinical care
- Ensure a timely and comprehensive response to Incident Reporting (IR)
- Ensure policies and procedures are enforced and reflect best practices.
To take on the role of Care Supervisor, you must:
About CBI Health Group:
- Possess a current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse
- Supervisory experience is an asset with experience in the community care / home health service delivery
- Be able to effectively establish and build rapport with clients and Care Staff
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle
- Have the ability to provide best possible solutions to problems that align with policies and uphold best practices
- Be self-motivated with an ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team
For over 40 years, CBI has been working every day to improve the health and enrich the lives of Canadians.
As Canada’s largest provider of community healthcare services, CBI is made up of over 13,000 personal caregivers, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians, behavioural therapists, administrators, and professionals.
CBI is set apart by the unique ability to work as an integrated network to foster ongoing learning, enhance best practices, improve access to care for all Canadians and achieve the best outcomes possible for our clients. With a talented, interdisciplinary team of caregivers and professionals, CBI provides the right services, in the right place, at the right time.
To learn more about CBI, please visit www.cbi.ca. Check out CBI on Facebook at facebook.com/cbihealthgroup and on Twitter at twitter.com/cbihealthgroup.