With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we're the world's #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We're Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Reporting to the Planner, the Electrical Technician is responsible to work in a safe and efficient manner by
servicing, repairing, maintaining, troubleshooting, overhauling, and continuously improving the conditions of
the equipment of the production lines. He/She is responsible for safe and efficient maintenance and proper
operation of assigned equipment in order to meet production targets and uphold the highest quality standard.
The Electrical Technician works with leadership and fellow employees to eliminate waste, drive performance,
and continuously improve their Line's safety, quality, service, and cost. The incumbent will also be responsible
for applying Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Methodology to their specific activities, and East York Bakery
as a whole, in order to drive performance and long term growth.
The Electrical Technician is the backbone of maintaining production equipment lines in a proper, safe and
reliable operating condition and to perform as intended specifications. Your dedication, hard work and positive
attitude will influence the product for the customer to enjoy.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and conduct preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Comply with company policies and procedures regarding safety, GMP, 5S, and quality requirements.
- Perform routine maintenance work including inspection and identification of abnormalities on equipment.
- Repair/replace defective electrical parts, perform equipment adjustment, and fabricate parts when required.
- Accurately complete paperwork, close WOs, create notification, and PM completion.
- Participate actively in correction of issues using Root Cause Analysis tools to eliminate breakdowns.
- Investigate machine malfunctions using testing equipment, technical manual, and associated drawings.
- Actively participate and contribute to the development of IL6S tools and systems including Equipment
Criticality (A, B, C classification), Adjustment Points, Centerlines, Visual Controls, CIL,
troubleshooting manuals, and technical expertise in the teams.
- Actively participate in the DMS cycle of the plant.
- Understand situation and measure number / frequency / severity cost / MTBF / minor stops, etc.
- Support PM pillar members to develop an AM training program
- Promote improvement initiatives on the equipment following our Kaizen work process.
- Report any unsafe, unclean areas, behavior or any problems that could cause substandard quality of
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity.
- Coach and train Machine Operators on troubleshooting techniques.
- Will be required to train and transfer knowledge to colleagues as needed.
- Required - High School diploma.
- Required - Industrial Electrician License (e.g. Red Seal 442A) or instrumentation technician License.
- Required - Length of experience: minimum 1 year of prior experience as a line electrician.
- Preferred - Dual ticket: Industrial Electrician and Millwright License.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical equipment malfunctions, perform machine repair and set up, equipment
installation of High Speed automated packaging machinery (e.g. cartoner, flow pack wrapper, tray loader,
conveyors, scale, metal detector and Bulk Handling and Processing Equipment (e.g. Mixers, forming machine,
oven, blowers, lifters).
- Able to perform PM tasks (parts replacement, set up machine timing, homing correction, adjustment, inspection,
cleaning etc.) with min. supervision.
- Able to program and troubleshoot a variety of PLCs, HMIs, servo drives, and frequency invertors.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial automation, electrical systems, equipment and components (PLC modules,
servomotor, servo drive, control panels, power supply, motors, invertors, starters, overload and protective
device, various switches and electrical circuits).
- Competent working with PLC and servo drives software (e.g. Rockwell Automation, Siemens).
- Accurately complete paperwork; close WOs create notification, and PM completion.
- Must be able to use hand tools, electrical testers and diagnostic instruments.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical drawings and schematics as well as pneumatic and hydraulic
- Proficient working with computerized machinery, complex electrical circuits and large panels, computers and
Ability To Work In Teams:
- Familiar with CMMS /SAP; notifications, WOs system.
- Knowledgeable about LOCK OUT and TAG OUT procedure and practices.
- Able to comply with PPE requirements and uses proper lifting techniques.
- Familiar with OHSA regarding safety practices and non-routine work permits.
- Is adaptable and can learn new tasks and willing to work on shifts as required.
- Collaborate with team in order to drive performance.
- Actively and attentively listens, supports others, and positively contributes to a healthy work environment.
- Is sensitive to other's needs and detects when it is necessary to help others; understands and respects different
points of view.
- Able to communicate well with other team members and leadership.
- Proficient English reading and writing skills.
- Must be able to follow directions accurately.
Meeting Physical Demands
- Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Is capable of lifting up to 23 Kg.
- Noise: moderate level (high speed packing machine background).
- Vehicle Operations: Pump truck.
- Job requires the physical demands of fast paced moving, bending, and lifting as needed.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process.
For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.