We are currently searching for an experienced and highly analytical Technical Support Analyst to join our growing team!
The Ocean Capital Group has five separate business lines with multiple companies providing these goods and services in Broadcasting, Commercial Real Estate, Construction, Industrial Distribution and Petroleum Services. This diverse group of companies is based in Saint John, New Brunswick and is spread geographically throughout Eastern Canada and has USA-based operations.
The Group has a centralized IT function that is provided out of a Corporate Services division. The organization utilizes many Microsoft platforms, has an Oracle EnterpriseOne ERP as its core transaction system, operates several CAD systems, several Business Intelligence tools and maintains many businesses specific software applications.
This position is responsible for providing front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software, and peripherals. The Technical Support Analyst will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and videoconferencing equipment. This position may require independent work, sharing information and assisting others with work orders.
To ensure success as a Technical Support Analyst, you must have excellent problem-solving skills to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via online logging system
- Update tickets to ensure good communication with customers and build knowledge base
- Prioritize and schedule problems; escalate as required to appropriate individual or third-party provider
- Problem resolution, including hands-on fixes at the desktop level and site visits
- Analyze incidents, looking for opportunities to proactively prevent problems
- Follow-up with end-users to ensure incidents and requests have been successfully resolved
- Ability to travel to other sites within the province
- Record status of automated scripts and take corrective action as required
- Handle tape rotations, imaging and restoring data when necessary
- Maintain and update asset inventory as assets are procured and disposed or moved
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot computer equipment
- Troubleshoot with the 3rd party application’s technical support
- Any other new operational or computer maintenance functions as may be defined
- Minimum 2-year Technical Diploma
- Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and be detail-oriented
- Microsoft and/or ITIL Certification would be considered an asset
- Experience with Office 365, PowerShell, System Center, BackupExec, and Terminal Server/RDP considered an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and good organizational skills are required
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, we offer a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming and team celebratory events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel , Concrete , Construction and Corporate . Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.
The OSCO Construction Group prides itself not just in embracing change, but in leading it. We drive this change by maintaining our vision to be fast, be global and be connected. All of our sectors are committed to: conducting business with integrity and fairness; continuous education & training of our employees; improving our processes; focusing on our customers’ needs; and, providing top quality products & services.