Vietnamese Speaking Personal Caregiver/PSW required in Brampton!
Bayshore Home Health is growing and we are looking for a Vietnamese speaking Personal Caregiver/PSW to service our clients in Brampton. Consistent availability in the mornings is preferred as this is an on-going/daily assignment.
Our ideal team members must have "a call for caregiving" or " a passion for helping others." We are looking for people to join our team that will care for the safety, happiness, comfort of our clients and help them to continue to thrive while at the comfort of their residential homes.
To qualify you must be able to demonstrate the following:
Valid Drivers Licence and Access to a reliable vehicle is an asset
Vietnamese speaking and know how to prepare Vietnamese meal is required by the client
Availability in the morning is required
Open availability on days, evenings and weekends assignments is an advantage
Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written
Our employees enjoy:
Competitive compensation + vacation pay
Paid training and orientation
Health insurance coverage
Unique employee recognition program
A welcoming and supportive staff
PSW certificate or equivalent, RN or RPN student who has completed at least 1 year (International Nurses are welcome to apply)
Current First AID CPR training certification - good to have
Recent evidence of negative TB screening test - must be obtained in the last 6 months
Vulnerable Police clearance certificate
Join a team of caring, dedicated, driven individuals, like you, who want to work together to ensure our clients and care-workers enjoy exemplary customer service and personal attention.
The Personal Caregiver is responsible for providing homemaking, companionship, personal care or personal assistant services to clients and their families. The Personal Caregiver assists clients with activities of daily living as described in the care plan, and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
- Provide homemaking services including, but not limited to cleaning, cooking, laundry and general household management
- Provide companionship and/or accompany clients to activities and events in the community
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the care plan
- Ensures that the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent
- Provide assistance with client specific activities of daily living (personal assistance tasks)
- Perform specialized, client specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated
- Observe and document client conditions according to company standards
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Complete other tasks as requested
Completion of formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience. Strong knowledge of the principles of caregiving as well as well as customer service.
At least one year of recent experience as a caregiver in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either English or French. Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to lift 23 kilograms; demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions as related to client care; able to travel locally from assignment to assignment