Reporting to the Program Manager, Specialty Services, the Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for undertaking the management of specific projects or cases assigned to him/her with regards to reimbursement, within the Specialty Services department. The Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for overall management of their patient cases.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate and manage all aspects required in order to obtain prescription drug coverage for patients;
Coordinate cases with insurance companies, physician’ offices and healthcare professionals in order to maximize reimbursement solutions;
Coordinate documents, submissions and all related paperwork to insurance companies, public/federal funding programs;
Implement Financial Means Test as required in an effort to maximize patient’s prescription drug coverage
Coordinate pharmacy processes required once funding has been obtained; and
Acquire in depth knowledge of public / private and federal funding mechanisms.
The Reimbursement Specialist will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in a related discipline;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in customer service, in an office setting;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Professional / courteous / efficient telephone manner;
- Proven ability to organize time, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet various competing work deadlines;
- Candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or insurance industry is an asset; and
- Bilingualism, French/English is an asset.
1. Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution industry2. Working knowledge of automated warehouse operating system 3. Strong business and financial acumen4. Strong analytical and mathematical skills5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing6. Effective interpersonal and leadership skills 7. Effective organizational skills; attention to detail8. Ability to consistently meet deadlines9. Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently10.Excellent presentation skills11.Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs