Recreation Field House Attendants
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc. is currently seeking part-time Recreation Field House
Attendants to join our team!
The key accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the schedule of programs and leagues by performing effective program
- Set-up/take-down field house equipment for regular rentals and special events;
- Performing score/time keeping and refereeing responsibilities for various sport leagues;
- Monitoring the safety of all activities and programs and responding to any safety concerns
- Leading small groups in activities as required;
- Clearing and tidying the field house at closing time;
- Maintaining a strong customer-focused approach when responding to general customer
inquiries and resolving any schedule conflicts;
- Providing support for special events as required.
The successful candidate(s) will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience coaching, leading group activities, or participating in competitive sport;
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Flexibility regarding work schedules; including days, evenings and weekends;
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork;
- Ability to routinely lift heavy equipment (50lbs);
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions;
- Ability to remain standing or sitting in one position for long stretches of time;
- NCCP Certification as asset;
- Graduated or Enrolled towards a degree in Sport Management; Recreation & Leisure
Studies; Business Administration; or related program an asset;
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C required.
Three professional references will be required and a Vulnerable Persons police records check
will be required for the successful candidate(s).
Hours of Work
5:30am – 12:15am; the successful candidate(s) will be required to work shifts during the week
and on the weekend; 12-24 hours scheduled per week.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to the attention of: Field House Manager by
February 21, 2020.
Our centre is located at:
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre
875 Morningside Avenue
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre is not only a world-class sport and recreation venue that proudly
hosted the international community for the Pan Am and Parapan Am Games. The facility is also
an amazing place to join hundreds of professionals who look to develop their career in an exciting
and rewarding environment.
A legacy of the 2015 Toronto Pan Am and Parapan Am Games, Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre
Inc. is operated by a corporation co-owned by the City of Toronto and the University of Toronto.
The world-class facility was the largest sport new-build for the Games and the largest
infrastructure investment in Canadian amateur sport history. Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre
delivers extensive programming that serves recreational and community groups, high
performance athletes, as well as fitness Centre clientele. The 312,000 square-foot centre includes
two internationally sanctioned 10-lane 50-metre pools, a world-class dive pool and dry-land dive
training facilities, a four-court gymnasium, an indoor running track, conditioning rooms, a high-
performance testing Centre, studio spaces, and a state-of-the-art fitness Centre for members.
The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO), located at Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre, provides
world-leading sport science and sport performance services. The centre opened to community
users, University of Toronto faculty, staff and students, City of Toronto program users and high
performance in September 2014. For more information visit www.torontopanamsportscentre.ca
Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre Inc.is committed to creating an accessible organization and facility
by removing barriers for individuals with disabilities. If you have any accessibility requirements
or questions, whether as an employment candidate, volunteer, user of the facility or business
partner, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants that apply, however only those being considered for an interview will be