A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground-breaking global projects. We have an ambitious commitment to be the digital leader in the built environment and have digital teams and experts all over the world, who collaborate on world-leading software, data and technology projects and products. Being a global team means we value people with diverse experiences, backgrounds, specialisms, and skills.
We are looking for an innovative and creative QA analyst for our Office 365 SharePoint Online and Microsoft Azure platform. You will provide technical advice and input into QA initiatives, working closely with colleagues including product managers, application architects, cloud engineers and subject matter experts. Our work reflects Arup’s diversity so you can expect to be working on applications for engineers, human resources, finance and other areas of Arup.
The team is made up of around 12 developers and quality analysts. We are geographically dispersed, with members in London, Hyderabad, Australia and the US. The role reports to the cloud and intranet applications team lead, based in the UK.
“I’ve always wanted to work for forward looking companies that embrace people from all cultures, and I feel very supported at Arup. I’m relatively junior in my team, but I feel that both my contribution and my opinion are valued. I work in a diverse team alongside colleagues based in countries across the globe which means there is always something new to learn.”
You should apply if:
- You are enthusiastic about helping solve real-world business problems using your QA and testing skills
- You enjoy learning new things and sharing your knowledge
- You are excited by the possibilities provided by cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure including the areas of app services, microservices and serverless technologies
Requirements and skills
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Multiple years of quality assurance experience with demonstrable proficiency in two or more of the following: MS Test Manager, Selenium, C#
- Experience of testing for SharePoint and Microsoft Azure services
- Experienced in Quality Management software and processes e.g TDD, BDD, HP, QC, TFS, J Meter
- Experience of smoke and sanity testing, penetration and performance testing
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- .Net Framework development with C#
- PowerApps, Flow development
- Experience in testing and monitoring tools such as BrowserStack and New Relic
- Experience of performing load testing
- Ability to derive test strategy and experience in Agile methodologies
- You have a passion for diversity, recognizing the innovation and competitive edge that comes from a diverse highly skilled team where equal opportunities are truly valued
- You will be developing your technical skills and strive to improve the team
- You will be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders, gain their confidence and persuade them to cooperate with initiatives where required
- You will possess a natural curiosity for all things technical. You will take responsibility for keeping yourself up to date
- You will have good English written/verbal communication skills with both non-technical as well as technical audiences managing successful communications with governance boards and stakeholders
Please don’t be discouraged if you don’t meet every point above – if you meet most, and are strongly motivated by the role, and willing to learn, we are still interested in hearing from you.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Benefits that Work
At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our GRRSP 5% company match to help you save for your future.
We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options include alternative schedules, part-time or reduced hours schedule, and/or the option to work remotely for a portion of your workweek.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require accommodation in the job application or interview process, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process