Transportation Investment Corporation's Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project is looking for a Senior Project Manager who will work with the Environmental Lead. You will initially focus on the project's Archaeological/Heritage Program accountabilities and over time this will shift to focus more on the general Senior Project Manager accountabilities.
Transportation Investment Corporation’s (TI Corp) mandate is to provide procurement, delivery and commercial oversight of assigned major capital transportation projects. Currently, TI Corp is delivering the Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project, the Broadway Subway Project and the Kicking Horse Canyon Project – Phase 4. TI Corp is a subsidiary of the BC Transportation Finance Authority (BCTFA) and is governed by a board of directors.
TI Corp is committed to building capacity internally and, by extension, within the BC Public Service. The organization will apply robust and consistent controls and practices across the major transportation projects.
Senior Project Manager Accountabilities:
- Develops terms of reference to define project scope and project work plans to identify timelines, deliverables, methodologies and resource requirements.
- Manages project delivery and provides sound expert advice through all phases of the project management life cycle ensuring the project parameters of scope, schedule, budget and quality are successfully delivered.
- Provides project status reports and updates that include the identification of issues and, develops and recommends mitigation strategies to manage project risks.
- Plans and conducts project evaluations and post-implementation reviews, and documents findings for future reference.
- Develops and implements project work plans to define scope, key deliverables and milestones.
- Ensures program is coordinated with wider project workstreams and objectives.
- Manages contracted resources supporting the program.
- Develops and implements communication plans, updates and documents for the program.
- Manages the program’s operating budget, authorizes expenditures and monitors budget allocations.
Archaeological/Heritage Program Accountabilities:
- Coordinates the heritage/archeological program for the Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project, balancing competing project constraints against project goals and objectives.
- Develops and maintains a broad range of relationships, including Indigenous Groups and regulatory bodies.
- Support other elements of the Project’s Environmental Program, as required. (e.g. Tracking deliverables and supporting regulatory compliance)
- Degree in business administration, public administration, engineering, archaeology, or environmental studies and considerable related experience or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related experience includes:
- Project management
- experience in environmental and/or archaeological fieldwork and familiarity with the principles, methods, practices and terminology associated with heritage or environmental management and/or
- Experience with design/build contracts or construction * Experience supervising project managers and consultants, managing performance, and resolving HR/performance issues.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results, on time and on budget.
- Ability to deliver programs through the application of project and risk management principles.
- Sound judgement, analytical, and problem solving skills to anticipate and assess issues and determine solutions.
- Strong advocacy, written and verbal communications skills and emotional intelligence to facilitate constructive dialogues.
- Strong integrity and confidentiality in managing sensitive information.
NOTE: candidates must be permanently eligible to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent