Metropolitan Hardwood Floors is a manufacturer and distributor for premium quality wood, laminate, luxury vinyl flooring, and related accessories.
Headquartered near Vancouver, B.C., Canada, the company has grown from a single sales outlet into a multi-national organization with operating divisions in Canada, the USA, Europe and Asia.
In 2002, after a successful decade as a flooring distributor, Metro embarked on a bold new initiative to design and develop its own custom-made line of wood floors. In honor of the company’s US headquarters in Kent, WA, the new line was dubbed Kentwood.
The first Kentwood floors were introduced in early 2003; since then the line has grown to include hundreds of choices of genuine hardwood flooring and has earned an international reputation for best-in-class quality, innovative design and outstanding value. Kentwood floors have been installed in thousands of residences from cottages to condos to castles, from Seattle to Salzburg to Shanghai.
We are currently seeking an Architectural and Design Representative to join our Projects Team consisting of sales professionals that serve the Greater Vancouver Area. This is a full time position with endless growth opportunities for those eager to excel. The successful candidate’s role will include, but is not limited to:
- Territory development by promoting Metropolitan products to Specifiers, Architects, Designers and Developers in the Greater Vancouver Area.
- Conducts sales calls and product knowledge training sessions such as lunch & learns: travelling to customer facilities providing them with information and support; making sales presentations to prospective and existing clients; calculating and quoting budget prices; contacting prospects and explaining features and benefits of products or services offered; answer all questions concerning a product or service; provide appropriate referrals where required.
- Monitors territory performance against established objectives/guidelines and take the appropriate action to improve performance
- Provides exceptional customer service to ensure resolution of issues within marketing policies; communicates customer requirements and request support from other departments as necessary; provides product specific customer feedback.
- Assists in establishing sales objectives for the territory in conjunction with the Division Manager and ensures sales activities in the territories comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
- Stays abreast and informs management of industry, product, economic, and other territory changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely reporting of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
- Assists in developing a territory coverage plan, which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals.
- Performs analysis on region opportunities and develops forecast for sales by customer and product and other statistical reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identify and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
- Provides recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, documents; materials, etc. are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy.
- High school diploma required; college degree a plus.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s diverse business and product lines.
- Willing and able to gain certifications from industry associations
- Knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment, to include basic accounting, product developments and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service, etc.
- Proficient using a PC, e-mail, mobile devices, and other relevant electronic equipment.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers and business contacts, at all organizational levels; ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, ability to achieve results through team efforts, and ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze statistical and financial data to develop solutions.
- Professional daily dress attire required.
- Must be able to demonstrate a positive outlook, be highly organized, and be a self-starter.
- Valid Driver’s License and insured vehicle
- Ability to travel
- May be required to lift and move up to 50lbs without lifting aids.
- Vision requirements are comparable to that which is required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- 100% body movement is required to successfully perform the job, such as standing, reaching, climbing, use of all major limbs, etc
- Strong base salary (based on experience), commission/bonus program, automobile allowance, expense account, benefits package, and requires some travel.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above requirements please forward your cover letter and resume to Jas Dhaliwal at jasd at metrofloors dot com with the subject line ‘Architectural and Design Representative Application’.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Visit our website below for more information about the company and product lines:
Job Types: Full-time, Commission