We're looking for an outgoing individual with a passion for the outdoors and a love for the products that help us while we're out there. The ideal candidate has a sincere interest in gaining in-depth knowledge and experience in fitting hiking boots. The ideal candidate also shows promise for potential movement into higher-responsibility positions.
*Applications without a cover letter will absolutely not be considered.*
Retail experience is a plus, but not necessary. Outdoor experience with gear knowledge is preferred.
Feel free to respond directly to this job post with your well-written resume and cover letter, however a more direct approach for serious applicants would be to email us your resume and cover letter to the service email on our website, or come in-store at 68 West Broadway to have a chat with our team!
The Nitty Gritty:
We're looking for someone to start full-time hours.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance;
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items;
- Advises customers by providing information on products;
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions;
- Offers in-depth boot and backpack fittings and ensures a perfect fit
- Documents sales by creating or updating customer profile records;
- Processes payments by totalling purchases; processing cash, and store gift cards/credit cards;
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Makes an effort to stay updated with current and new product knowledge
- In addition to the basic remuneration, a commission structure is currently in place as a team-based system.
- In-Store discounts and access to “Pro Deals” through dealer Pro Portals, giving access to steep discounts on select outdoor apparel and gear
- Annual Staff Hike and Christmas Party
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company events & social hours
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.60 /hour
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Store Discount
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Plastic shield is installed on the counter
- We are providing facial masks to customers who are not wearing masks
- Facial masks are provided to employees daily
- Hand sanitizer is available
- Accepting customers at limited capacity
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- outdoor: 1 year (Preferred)