We have an immediate opening for a full-time position of a General Labourer. You must have the ability to work with common hand tools / power tools and be willing to learn different areas in the shop with the potential of helping out wherever needed. You will be responsible for general housekeeping, prepping materials for the senior fabricators and other duties as required.
- Assist in the preparation of custom metal fabrications and welds.
- Shape letter walls for channel letters.
- Trim cap boxes and channel letters.
- General housekeeping of shop
- Record and Present ideas to improve production efficiency to Production Supervisor.
- Prepare paint items as necessary.
- Shape, cut and sand letters when required.
- Work with repetition where once set-up, a system can be followed to maximize production speed.
- Planning time before starting day/project to ensure jobs are prioritized based on production supervisor’s requirements.
- Report unsafe working conditions when identified.
- Work in compliance with all health and safety policies in accordance with the OHSA.
- Report any contravention of the OHSA or the regulations or the existence of any hazard of which you know of.
- Some College/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Sign manufacturing experience an asset
- Forklift certification an asset
- Working at heights certification an asset
- First Aid & CPR Level C
- Cut, shape and fit materials to form parts and components, screw, clip, glue, bond, weld or otherwise assemble parts and components to form final products, sand trim, grind or clean products into final form using hand tools
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Speak English, read English, write English
- CURRENTLY RESIDING IN ONTARIO, CANADA.
Signage & Lighting Systems Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- forklift operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sign manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Working at Heights (Preferred)
- WHIMS (Preferred)
- Forklift (Preferred)