The HACCP Specialist is responsible to ensure the facility HACCP Plan is successfully implemented throughout the manufacturing facility.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Inspect production lines to ensure product being produced meets the required HACCP plan and food safety standards.
- Verification of HACCP during production cleanliness inspection. Ensure proper sanitation requirements have been met.
- Identify report and investigate any deviation to procedure systems and standard and implementing corrective actions.
- Participate and assist in various employees Food Safety and Quality training.
- Communicate with other departmental personnel to meet food safety and quality compliance, and provide assistance to other departments as needed or requested.
- Participate in agreement with CFIA and Health regulations through inspections of the facility to ensure food safety and quality standards are met.
- Developing and continuing improvement of the HACCP & food safety programs.
- A college degree in Food Science or equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
- 2-3 years of practical experience in food processing facility specializing in a HACCP department.
- HACCP Certified.
- Must be able to work independently as well as multi-functional tasks.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Google drive and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to complete assignments.
Job Type: Full-time