Cook - Full Time Monday - Friday 10:00 am-6:30pm
iRecover Treatment Centers offers addiction treatment across Canada from our facility in Coldstream, BC. to our Newfoundland facility located in Gross Morne National Park. iRecover’s flagship facility is located out of Tees, AB established in 2006, iRecover has seen thousands of participants and families make changes to their lives for the better.
iRecover is currently looking for an energetic and dynamic individual to join our team as a Full Time Weekday Cook in our Coldstream, BC location. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have a passion for food, cooking and being a part of our company’s mission of “changing the world, one family at a time”.
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation procedures and food safe guidelines.
- Understanding of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Understanding of restaurant operational procedures.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- FoodSafe Certification.
- Post-Secondary training in culinary arts an asset.
- Criminal Record Check
- Immunization Declaration Form
- Ensure and provide consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation, following iRecover food service and hospitality standards, and ensure communication to the staff, specifically but not limited to the Director and Administrative Assistant.
- Strong, effective and polite communication with all departments affecting the kitchen.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness. Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained in the various kitchen areas on a daily basis and that all food products are stored in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Take an active role in the production and presentation of all food products to maintain the best quality food style possible while adhering to menu specifications.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and positive manner.
- Ensure food is stored in appropriate containers, labeled, and rotated to ensure high standards of freshness, minimizing waste and maximizing quality.
- Aid in maintaining department objectives and ensure they are met and exceeded.
- Practice positive strategies to motivate fellow staff, encourage self-esteem and efficiency.
- Help to raise the standards within the department and bring new concepts forth.
- Strive to advance your knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others.
- Respond in a positive and timely manner to all internal and external guest requests and complaints, while meeting the iRecover standards to exceed the guest's expectations in addition to remaining budget conscious.
- Actively participate in the iRecover environmental program and department specific initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- Strive to uphold a safe working environment and be Health and Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining and improving a safe work environment.
- Practice the highest departmental standards as determined by kitchen team and iRecover Management.
- Promote professional work habits, encourage fellow staff to act with integrity.
- Carry out other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintain product consistency by following standards and regularly conduct inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food prepared as per culinary guidelines.
- Adhere to all iRecover Guidelines, Policies, Rules and Regulations.
- Completion and compliance of the iRecover Orientation.
- Follow all food service standards and specifications.
- Follow and adhere to all checklists, prep sheets and par sheets as assigned.
- Complete assigned side duties and work duties within a timely manner, meeting required deadlines.
- Practice proper grooming, personal hygiene, and uniform standards.
- Complete departmental filing, as required. This includes giving any invoices to culinary management, in addition to completing and handing in first aid forms to culinary management.
- Ensure that the kitchen prep area is maintained at the highest level of cleanliness at all times, especially during food production. This includes: any food spills are cleaned immediately, all equipment is cleaned on a daily basis, there is no build up of grease or other stains on all equipment.
- Ensure that food deliveries have been delivered and stored according to the standards set by provincial health regulations.
- Follow any and all recipes as they apply to any food products that you prepare.
- Ensure the proper use of scales and measurements in all recipes, portioning, and food production by both yourself and the staff under your direct supervision.
- Previous experience working in a commercial kitchen, 1+ year
If you share a passion for changing lives and working with others who share the same vision, we want to meet you!
To apply please e-mail resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Full-time
- cooking: 1 year (Required)
- FoodSafe Level 1 (Required)