Duties and Responsibilities
Can Am Pet is a Vernon-based pet food company and the proud producer of the Darford brand. Our medium-sized company is looking for a Receiver/Inventory Control associate who is interested in working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment that provides the flexibility and opportunity to contribute to profitability in innovative and non-traditional ways.
- Verification of incoming materials.
- Receiving duties.
- Operation of forklift is required.
- Inventory control
- Product staging for daily/weekly production
- Product rotation by receiving date/ FIFO (first-in, first-out)
- Exterior yard work including cleaning and organizing.
- Assist in warehouse safety, cleanliness and waste disposal.
- Unloading and loading trailers and courier drivers
- Cleaning and maintaining workplace cleanliness and sanitation
This position requires the ability to perform physical duties such as lifting up to 50 lbs unassisted, bending, twisting, squatting, reaching, standing the majority of the day, and walking. Transferring cases, skids and pallets from outside loading dock to inside warehouse and warehouse freezer. Also operates forklift and pallet truck.
- Forklift certification an asset (training provided).
- Must have a positive attitude and excellent ability to work with others.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather as required.
- Must be able to work Mon-Fri, with overtime as required.
- Steel toed boots and personal transportation are required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License; must be able to provide driver’s abstract.
- Warehouse experience an asset, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Operation: 1 year (Required)