About the Role:
- WOKE is a design studio that works at the intersection of digital and physical products.
- We're an agile team of senior designers working in diverse disciplines ranging from UX/UI to Industrial Design to Apparel/Softgoods design.
- We like working on cutting edge problems and look for technologies that are new to the world that we can help craft to have a positive impact on people’s lives.
- We are in search of a seasoned Interaction Designer capable of managing projects as well as executing on designing beautiful experiences and interfaces.
- In this role, you get exposure to and involvement with all parts of the design process: project scoping, client relationship development, user research, concept development, wireframing, prototyping, visual design and design stewardship.
- We’re looking for someone who is equally excited about designing beautiful interfaces as they are taking people’s feedback as a source of inspiration
- Comfortable working on very different types of projects and product categories.
- Desigining the UX for smart light switch system to help create more beautiful light at home.
- Creating a new mobile advertising platform that will help subsidize people’s phone plans
- Designing a health tracking platform that uses science to help people actually live longer.
- Designing a meditation app that connects to smart yoga pants to help a new generation get centered.
- You have 5+ years of working experience in designing digital product, service, and experience from ideation to implementation.
- You’re a confident and flexible leader, able to manage small teams and freelancers.
- You can relate to individuals and nurture talent. You give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality.
- You have a point of view and you are able to distinguish between “good” and “great” work.
- You can make sense of complex information, user interaction flows and system architecture.
- You can create beautiful user interfaces and love working on design details just as much as thinking about big ideas.
- You know what it takes to bring a software product to market.
- You understand Human Centered Design Practices as well as Agile Product Development practice.
- Ability to convey concepts through wireframes, flows and mockups
- Fluent in visual design tools, such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator
- Fluent in prototyping (ie, AfterEffects, Flinto, Principle, etc.)
- A big plus is that you can code for web and/or mobile app experience
- You’re comfortable presenting infront of a big group.
- You’re a natural relationship builder. We've got a nice incentive structure set up to reward you for bringing in new client work.
- This position may either be based in Vancouver or San Francisco as we built out our San Francisco studio.
- Generous education budget to spend on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Making it a point to put our pencils down, decompress and have a few beers together on a weekly basis.
- Drink as much coffee as you can handle.
- Giving you a chance to work side by side with people from different disciplines like industrial designers, apparel designers and engineers.
Compensation is flexible right now and based on experience – pay range from $80K to $120K, depending on experience, plus business development commission. If this job description gets you genuinely excited, please email us your CV and portfolio at: firstname.lastname@example.org