Neelands Group Limited has a reputation for success in specialized environments such as Supermarkets, Commercial & Industrial HVAC and Controls.
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join our Construction team. The successful candidate will be responsible for support to Construction Projects, activities and equipment.
- Create and maintain weekly tracking of baseline vs. actual construction schedules, anticipate schedule shortcomings and report to Project Manager.
- Create, issue and track construction documentation real time on a proactive basis.
- Assemble, issue and track tenders.
- Review, qualify and tabulate tender responses.
- Maintain purchase order documentation and update the budget.
- Acquire product manuals, warranty letters, inspection reports and certifications from sub-trades to create project closeout packages.
- Issue certification documentation to the client for training on the use of systems and handover of the project.
- Take calls and set up responsive action for post-construction client support on warranty issues.
- Organize and ensure construction billing documentation is delivered to the Finance Department accurately and on time.
- Provide support and insight to the Project Managers.
- Confident and personable with foreman, vendors, clients, consultant, regulators, site superintendents.
- Ability to provide simultaneous support for needs across multiple projects in varying phases.
- Able to instigate action from Field Staff, Sub-Trades and Vendors/Suppliers.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Organized to a very high standard.
- Proficiency in creating Gantt Chart construction project schedules
- Diploma or Degree in Construction Management is required.
- PMP designation is an asset but not required.
- Valid Driver’s license
- construction project management: 5 years (preferred)
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in: Microsoft applications
- Proficiency in creating, circulating, logging and maintaining construction documentation for projects ranging in size from $5k to $5M.
- Experience in the role of Construction Project Coordinator with a Design-Build or General Contracting Firm.
- Proficiency in the use of construction project management software an asset
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled and collaborative team.
- Competitive wages
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)