General Description: Job Function & Job Goal
The primary function of this position is to: install, maintain and develop software and reports and maintain the servers as well as managing level two support ticket issues.
The primary goal of this position is to: drive internal and external customer satisfaction by ensuring customer requests are handled in an accurate, efficient and courteous manner, within allocated timelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong working knowledge of computers, operating systems (Windows, UNIX and Linux), VMware, networking, and firewalls
- Knowledge in SAN (storage area network).
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to effectively deal with others – tact/diplomacy/courtesy).
- Work accuracy ability and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated and deadline driven, with effective time management abilities.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Capacity to establish, maintain and promote high standards of professional etiquette and superior customer service.
- Ability to fulfill all physical aspects of job-related tasks (product storage, etc.)
- Ability to efficiently work both independently, and as part of a cohesive team, in a high volume and demanding environment.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL would be an asset.
- Previous experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager would be an asset.
Responsibilities: Duties & Tasks
- Maintenance of network, firewalls and servers.
- IT resource in several company projects.
- Adheres to all applicable policies and procedures as outlined in the Quality System Manual.
- Adhere to all policies/procedures as outlined in the Quality System Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Complete all applicable Quality Records and associated duties.
- Complete applicable safety training as required, and maintain a current understanding/compliance of organizational OHS policies and guidelines.
- Responding to level two support ticket issues.
- Provide 2nd level support to the internal service desk.
- Install new hardware/software as required.
- Train new employees as required.
- Complete on-going personal self-development/training as required.
- Miscellaneous duties/projects as assigned.
- Maintain work area(s) (safe/clean/well-organized).
- Provide overtime support as appropriate.
Mandatory Training (provided):
New Employee Orientation, Quality System Manual Orientation, and Employment Equity Orientation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field IT infrastructure support.
- Proven technical skills and a customer service focus.
- Knowledge of IT support principals and frameworks.
Supreme Basics offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an invaluable pension plan. Supreme Basics is fully committed to employment equity and cultural diversity within the workplace.
Apply By: September 27, 2019
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- IT Infrastructure Support: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)