Baker Tilly GWD is a leading midsize accounting firm with offices in Guelph and Elora. Locally owned, we make an impact with value-added accounting, advisory, audit and tax services.
We serve clients at all stages of their development from emerging and owner-managed businesses to large private companies, not-for-profit organizations, professionals, and individuals. We have a long-standing reputation of providing high quality personalized services across a broad range of industries.
Outside our two offices, we also draw on the speciality services provided across the Baker Tilly Canada network, and globally through our affiliation with Baker Tilly International. This offers the best of both worlds with the ability to be part of an independent firm and take your career further with the potential for unlimited growth.
We recognize that our success goes hand in hand with the success of our people and are striving to create a firm that everyone wants to work at! Our commitment to this goal was recognized by winning the CWCC 2021 Employer of the Year award.
The Accounting Co-op Student position is available for the 4-month period from January to April and involves the preparation of financial statements, tax returns and other compliance matters for owner-managed businesses.
- Assisting in the preparation of compilation engagements
- Preparing personal tax returns
- Providing assistance and support to clients on bookkeeping issues
- Developing and maintaining meaningful working relationships
- Undertaking a college or university qualification in accounting
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Problem solving mindset
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team