LANGLEY COMMUNITY SERVICES – JOB POSTING SUS 19-04
Substance Use Services
Job Title: Clinical Counsellor
Department: Substance Use Services
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Grid Level 16P, ($35.16- $41.00) depending on qualifications and experience.
Hours: Full time - 35 hours per week
Who We Are:
Langley Community Services Society has been in existence for over 48 years. We offer a wide variety of social service programs to the community. We are fully accredited through the Council of Accreditation and maintain best practices standards. Our mission is to assist individuals and families to enhance their lives through the provision of information, services and programs.
Provides clinical counselling services to address problems presented by clients
utilizing therapeutic programs and interventions.
Provides orientation, screening/intake and orientation for program, assessments,
treatment planning and implementation, case consultation, clinical counselling, case
management, referral, program evaluation and follow-up services for clients actively
involved in, or are currently affected by someone else’s substance misuse problem and
provides screening and referral for problem gambling issues.
This position is also responsible for facilitating/co-facilitating both psycho-educational
and therapeutic groups as well as prevention activities to increase public awareness of
alcohol and other drugs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Case Management
- Treatment Planning and Evaluation
- Clinical Counselling (individuals, groups and families)
- Client, Family and Community Education
- Prevention activities – including presentations
- Maintaining Files and Report Writing
- Performs other related duties as required
Qualifications, Experiences and Abilities:
- Preference for an MA/MSW with a minimum of 2 years’ experience or a BA/BSW and 4 years’ experience.
- Direct program services delivery in counselling individuals in both group and individual settings with a focus on addictions issues and or formal training in addictions counselling.
- Working knowledge of community-based programs and of the provincial addiction system of care would be an asset.
- Experience working in an accredited work environment would be an asset.
- Familiarity with brief/solution focused therapeutic modalities would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Windows environment (MS Office).
- Training/Experience in working with concurrent disorders (addiction/mental health).
- Maintain and update skills and knowledge to remain current with ongoing developments in the field.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Working familiarity of group process facilitation techniques such as CBT, Motivational Interviewing, etc.
- Maintain appropriated and professional relationships and works effectively with other program staff, social workers and professionals.
- Effective report writing and oral communication skills.
- Maintain accurate and current case notes and statistics in approved format.
- Provide both insight and solution focused counselling strategies while maintaining a safe and respectful environment for clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including collaboration in a team setting and participation in case management processes.
- Must be open to working with individuals and families experiencing both substance misuse and mental health issues.
- First Aid/CPR certification is an asset.
- This position requires Union Membership (CUPE).
- This position is open to male or female applicants.
- This position may require working outside office hours and office environment, depending on client availability or locations.
- Use of personal vehicle with appropriate business class insurance may be required.
- Mileage is paid where driving for work performed is required. Mileage is not paid for to and from work site for start and end of shift purposes.
- Criminal Record Check is required.
Please reply with Cover Letter and Resume, quoting Posting Number SUS 19-04 to:
This posting will remain open until position is filled.
Langley Community Services Society
Attention: Laura Kendel
5339 – 207 St, Langley, BC V3A 2E6
Please note that only persons selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.16 to $41.00 /hour