Why work with just one of your favorite beverage companies when you can work with them all?
Since our first job, we’ve never looked back, and we’ve grown more than they ever thought possible - as have many of our clients. The one thing we’ve learned in this time is that, in this business, the only limit is your ambition. Big doesn’t have to mean ‘slow’. Small doesn’t have to mean ‘amateur’. Craft doesn’t have to mean ‘beer’. We’re passionate about pushing our clients to think beyond their current boundaries, because it means that we do too.
As our Director of Sales, you will be in charge of analyzing sales activities to establish tactical direction and enact data driven strategies to leverage Vessel Packaging Co.’s top shelf customer focus. You will be accountable for promoting growth throughout our market space. Your zest for the business will inspire our Sales Team who you will collaborate with and lead to deliver exceptional customer experiences. Your visionary leadership will guide our brand growth and establish Vessel as a market leader with customers throughout North America.
A day in the life will have you:
- Collaborate with the Partners to develop sales targets and marketing strategies in alignment with the company’s vision and objectives
- Conduct ongoing assessments, make recommendations and implement strategies to build profitable revenue growth, drive sales and increase brand awareness nationally
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current competitor and industry trends and developments to the continuous improvement of sales techniques
- Oversee needs of and liaise with key house accounts and key company partnerships
- Actively seek opportunities to network and get involved in industry events to build brand awareness and leverage opportunities
- Collaborate with General Managers and other site leadership to align operational capabilities with sales targets
- Monitor Sales team targets and establish accountability to the success of the company vision
- Establish framework and directive for Sales team to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Provide consistent direction to and support to Sales team in effectively fostering existing relationships and establishing new partnerships
- Set a cadence for ongoing performance management discussions with team members to ensure goals are set and attained
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years leading food, beverage or similar business category sales teams in Canada
- 5+ years’ sales experience in a food, beverage or similar business category
- Post Secondary Education, preferably in Commerce or Business
- Strong insight into industry best practices with a history of successfully developing and applying innovative sales and marketing strategies
- Networking and relationship building is your jam - you love meeting new people!
- Superior interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Confidently motivates, inspires and develops successful sales representatives and has supported an industry leading team
- A hands-on leader with exceptional time management capabilities
- Functionally bilingual in both French and English
- Takes ownership and personal responsibility for their actions and accountabilities
- Expresses entrepreneurial soul and actively pursues opportunities for innovation
- Displays and advocates for honest, transparent communication
- Leads with courage and integrity, makes space for self and others to take chances
- Values collaboration and prioritizes building trusting relationships
- Work hard play hard, enthusiastic about achieving objectives and celebrating the wins
Why work with us?
- Competitive salaries, a stellar flexible extended health, dental, vision and Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Plenty of vacation time, personal days, paid parental leave period and a flexible working environment to support your work life balance
- Samples in the fridge from our awesome customers and reimbursement for your Beer Festival tickets – we love to support the craft industry!
- Grow and advance alongside our business – we have grown exponentially over the past few years and we want to support our team members in doing the same
- The chance to work with leading edge technology and a supportive team across Canada
- Our team members are the heart of what we do, we love to show them our appreciation and have fun together with regular activities. Bring some ideas along!
Who is Vessel Packaging Co.?
Vessel offers everything from mobile canning and design services to printed cans and pressure sensitive labelling to our customers We’ve grown into a one stop shop, which means we’re doing everything from prepping the canning line at dawn to running the labeling lines at dusk. We are owned and run completely independently by four friends, our founders. Since the beginning, they’ve been hands-on with every part of the business. There’s now a big team of us spread across the country that keeps the cogs turning and the beverages flowing. When you join Vessel, you’re part of a collaborative, fun-loving and dedicated team in an awesome industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 5 years (Required)
- Leadership: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)