Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
The Finance Coordinator will join the Finance Team and be responsible for two primary functions. The Billing/Accounts Receivables by preparing invoices related to contracts and agreements that are not processed through our main residential/business billing systems. Secondly, Accounts Payable to process and image receiving documents to assist the accounts payable cycle.
The Finance Coordinator will also be responsible for various other tasks related to the general support of the back office finance function as required. The Coordinator will be organized, detailed oriented and accurate with data entry.
- Prepare and send invoices for contracts and agreements not processed by our main residential/business billing systems
- Work closely with Business Accounts Receivable team to address and resolve customer payment issues, adjustments, and general inquiries
- Manage multiple inboxes, monitor incoming internal/external requests, and respond and prioritize promptly
- Perform the billing month end process and prepare necessary journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist in Accounts Payable workflow cycle by processing and imaging all receiving documents related to non-stock purchase orders
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable and Purchasing teams to prioritize and resolve any purchase order receiving issues
- Maintain complete and accurate records
- Coordinate with internal staff to ensure procedures and policies are adhered to
- Other duties as required to support the overall back office finance function
- Post -secondary business training or a combination of education and 5+ years work experience
- Experience working in an ERP environment within an accounting role
- Excellent email etiquette and communication skills
- Track record for accurate data entry in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent computer skills and understanding of MS Office
- Adept at following detailed instructions
- Ability to work independently and as a positive team member
- Experience working in a Billing and/or Accounts Payable environment or experience with SYSPRO would be considered an asset
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.