Licensed Practical Nurse
iRecover Treatment Centers offers addiction treatment across Canada from facility in Coldstream, BC. to our Newfoundland faciality located in Gross Morne National Park. iRecover’s flagship facility is located out of Tees, AB established in 2006, iRecover has seen thousands of participants and families make changes to their lives for the better!
iRecover is currently looking for an energetic and dynamic individual to join our team as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in our Coldstream, BC location. Our facility will be accepting applications for this position with 12 hour shifts. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a willingness to learn and be motivated to work together to accomplish our company’s mission of “changing the world, one family at a time”.
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Active licensure with appropriate provincial licensing body.
- Provision of a clear vulnerable sector criminal record check.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail required.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting participants.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning and discretion.
- Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability by arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames.
- Ably to meet all productivity requirements.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Record Check
- Immunization Declaration Form
- Utilize nursing knowledge and skills implementing basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care.
- Organize and supervise physical, social, and recreational activities for participants.
- Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines, and standards within licensing body scope of practice as observed by the management and facility policy & procedures.
- Perform selected tasks related to participant care and the participants’ environment in a safer manner.
- Collect data for participant records, including beginning the EHR.
- Contribute to the development of the participant plan of care and discharge plans based on the identified participant problems/needs.
- Maintain and coordinate communication between participant, staff and Nurse Practitioner as evidenced within medial record, client, and health care team feedback.
- Carry out Nurse Practitioner (NP) orders accurately, directly and indirectly; verbal orders are to be confirmed with NP and documented appropriately.
- Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care administered relative to the participant other identified problem/needs.
- Document pertinent observation and intervention or appropriate records.
- Administer medication accurately, observing participant response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and progress notes.
- Participate in shift change controlled medication count with second staff member; sign and document count numbers.
- Give timely shift change report consisting of pertinent and relevant information for assigned participants.
- Report participant needs/problems and observations regarding participant’s condition to the NP.
- Provide participant/significant other health teaching as delegated by and observed by the NP and clinical team and by utilizing different methods such as one-on-one and group instruction, demonstration, or discussion.
- Document health teaching including participant/significant other response to and their understanding of health teaching.
- Use available written and AV materials specific to participant condition or disease.
- Attend scheduled meetings and provide necessary information.
- Attend required staff development program per year and all scheduled mandatory training programs.
- Participate on facility committees as necessary.
- Assist participants and family members with concern and empathy and with respect to their confidentiality and privacy.
- Take incoming calls and take ownership for helping the caller.
- Assist in the training and mentorship of new Team Members.
- Recognize the need for variations in staffing and volunteer to fill open shifts.
- Follow proper reporting procedure for actual or potential accidents and/or incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Record and report the need for maintenance or repair or equipment and remove any faulty equipment from use.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Organize job functions and work area to be able to effectively complete assignments within established time frames.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to take the initiative to make decisions/choices without direct supervision.
- Participate in continuing education activates and obtain required contact hours.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and ability to reference them from appropriate books and manuals.
- Comply with the Systems Infection control policies and procedures including Infection Prevention and Control to ensure a safer working environment for self and others.
- Demonstrate adherence to department Dress Code and Safe Practices Standards; demonstrate fitness for work.
- Participate in team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- When there is down time in the detox program, participation in the treatment program is highly recommended.
- Send electronic shift summary.
- Cleaning and administrative duties as assigned.
- Other tasks as assigned within scope of practice.
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience in a hospital environment preferred.
If you share a passion for changing lives and working with others who share the same vision, we want to meet you!
To apply please e-mail resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
- nursing: 1 year (Required)