A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the routine/preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Supports and maintains Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.M.P.’s quality standards & Safety standards
- Repair and maintenance of filling machines, pasteurizing process systems, packaging systems and conveyers common to a dairy operation
- Extensive experience with electro mechanical preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of high speed automated packaging equipment.
- Ability to work in a highly automated environment
- Woking and supporting well his peers, superiors and entire organization.
- Well organized, positive attitude.
- TIG and Arc welding experience with a strong fabricating ability, would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with little supervision and follow direction
- Well organized, positive attitude
- Flexible, willing to put forth extra effort to get the job done without compromising health and safety
- Highly motivated, results orientated, team player
- Other duties as assigned.
- Dual Mechanic and Electrician Licenses would be an asset
- 5+ years electro-mechanical maintenance experience in a packaging equipment and PLC.
- Strong understanding of all applicable Electrical – Mechanical – Safety Provincial Codes.
- Proven experience with process equipment in a food industry or high speed packaging plant
- Pneumatics and hydraulics knowledge
- Blueprint reading
- Welding experience
- Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Boiler, refrigeration and air handling systems experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; exhibit high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills