Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: Director, Quality Assurance
Based at: 9 Napoleon Rd., Barrie, Ontario
Salary Grade: 11
Job Purpose: To proactively reduce process variation, monitor quality concerns and initiate continuous improvements through various quality and lean manufacturing methods. The successful incumbent will assist product launches, lead product training and testing and drive the quality culture to achieve the highest quality products for our customers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Drive quality through the use of flow charts, FMEAs, control plans and value stream mapping
- Apply data analysis and analytical ability to work on the most pertinent business issues
- Develop technical solutions to a variety of problems of varying scope and complexity
- Conduct capability studies on process and apply statistical process control
- Spearhead decisions in matters of significance to the customer experience, conduct problem solving to find root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Apply originality and ingenuity to improvement of practices and procedures
- Interface with multiple functions within the company and with people of all levels of management /technical ability and lead teams that drive quality improvement
- Utilize project management skills to initiate and lead improvements of a tactical nature.
- Interface with other segments of the order fulfill process.
- Partner and develop vendors proactively.
- Develop quality line testing to ensure products meet CSA requirements.
- Create training materials and train both fulltime and temporary associates with quality related materials.
- Partner with manufacturing team leaders and supervisors to ensure quality processes and products.
- Mentor quality technicians and junior level quality engineers.
- Promote positive relationships and influence others for timely customer/business solutions.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings with the ability to accurately measure product, and analyze drawings and engineering models for tolerance stack ups.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor in an Engineering discipline or QA diploma or degree
- Certified ASQ Quality Engineer is preferred and/or equivalent
- ISO Auditor designation an asset; CET or P. Eng an asset
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years manufacturing experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels
- Accurate technical report writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project/Visual); CAD software an asset.
- Experience reading engineering drawings and measurement techniques
- Knowledge and application of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the quality engineering profession (e.g. ASQ certified Quality Engineer Body of Knowledge)
- Mechanical aptitude a must.
- Knowledge of Lean tools and principles
- Knowledge of product testing requirements, product development cycle, and critical processes (Welding, Painting and Adhesion)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Preferred)