Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities :
- Receive the orders of fertilizers and mix of fertilizers, ensure the proper disposal of containers and keep the Fertilizer Room clean and organized.
- Daily collection of water samples for testing pH, EC and drainage percentage to present to the Senior Grower.
- Weekly collection of water samples for lab analysis of Feed, Drain and Media.
- Clean, maintain and repair the irrigation systems and its parts such as Irrigation lines, valves, diaphragms and filters.
- Inspect, clean and/or refill probes, thermostats, heating valves etc.
- Clean and maintain the spays
- Collect information about coming orders of bio controls and/or bees and ensure they are distributed and placed correctly and timely.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the pollination.
- Prepare the mixes for the spray applications.
- Calibrate the sprayers and ensure volumes and doses used are according to Grower’s recommendation.
- Ensure the proper washing and disposal of pesticides containers in compliance with the Pesticide Act Regulations.
- Control of Inventory of Personal Protective Equipment such as spray suits, masks, gloves, etc.
- Control of Inventory of Pesticides, must keep monthly inventory updated.
- Ensure spray applications prescribed by the Grower are done correctly, safely and timely.
- Keep the record of all the spray applications in the proper forms with all information needed.
- Communicate to the Grower any indications of pests and diseases.
- Keep record of all the variables needed in any trails or research taking place in the facility.
- Remove diseased plants for testing or disposal.
- Support the jobs of cleaning and disinfection of the Greenhouses at the end/beginning of each crop cycle; must learn to operate machinery and know all the procedures in these kinds of jobs.
- Maintain high standards of conduct and professionalism.
- As Assistant Grower must be familiar with all the systems and procedures of the Greenhouse to be able to act as an alternative when a Grower, or a Labour Supervisor or a Scout are absent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2-years of experience as Assistant Grower in high-tech glass greenhouse environment
- Familiarity with Computers.
- Must be familiar with horticultural nomenclature.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English; additional languages (i.e. Spanish, will be considered an asset).
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset.
The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Note: this description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.
Mucci Farms welcomes and encourages applications with disabilities to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource Department so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation. Mucci Farms is achieving a culture and work environment that is supportive of employees with disabilities and promotes dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity.
Thank-you to all candidates for applying and showing interest in Mucci Farms Ltd! Please note that with such a high volume of applicants, we will only be responding to the ones we will be moving forward with._
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Greenhouse: 1 year (Required)