Dodd's Furniture is looking for people who care. Care about the products and services they provide, care about their customers, care about their co-workers and, above all, care about their community. We are seeking self-motivated, energized, Drivers who are ready to be part of our warehouse team.
Dodd's Furniture is very involved with the community. The community supports us which in turn allows us to support them. As a Driver you play a critical role in picking up and delivering furniture. Your primary role is to drive our delivery trucks, meet and greet our customers and vendors, and represent Dodd’s Furniture in friendly and professional manner. From the customer’s perspective you are the person delivering their brand new furniture. This is a very exciting time for them – it’s up to you to deliver those very prized possessions safely, securely and above all without damage to the furniture or the customers home.
Enjoy driving and meeting our customers.
Loading and unloading of goods.
Ensuring the truck is safe to drive and that the first aid kit is up to date.
Assisting your team with route navigation.
Assists with paperwork, product counts and signatures where needed.
Comfortable lifting 50lbs or more.
Special projects and other duties as they arise.
- Class 5 Driver's license required. Experience driving 5 ton truck is preferred.
- Experience in “high customer expectation" work, such as serving in food and beverage, hotels or hospitality can be helpful but is not required.
- Coachable and self-directed learner who is always willing to learn.
- High energy “people person", relentless in pleasing the customer.
- Sense of humour!
- Professional, driven, positive, resilient, and achievement-focused.
- Detailed, strong follow up and follow through; excellent time-management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; a great listener.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
- Available to work Tuesday through Saturday.
Please contact Cody Passmore at 250 287-8361 or to schedule an interview.